Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite thing about the '6 isn't its best-in-class handling, fun-to-use acceleration, pleasing sound, or its head-turning exterior.

It's the brakes. The brake feel is just incredible- I always know exactly how much grip they have left, and the car stops as quickly as any car this size can without the slightest hint of brake fade.

What's your favorite thing about the car?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Reading Topic: If you had to choose one thing you like best about your 6...

I wouldn't say brakes, because I don't see anything exciting about stopping :)

But I'd say my favorite is the handling. I love how the car takes turns. Getting on/off the highway thru ramps has become the highlight of any trip.

·
Registered
93 Posts

I haven't even taken delivery of my car yet, but from my test drives my favourite thing is the feeling I get driving the car that only comes with driving something that the masses don't. Oh, and the fact that the truck doesn't have those stupid hinges that infringe on trunk space.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Handling is easily my best 6aid no I'm not a Kiwi

(IMHO ABS activation and feel is only average, especially on unsealed roads)

·
Registered
78 Posts

I agree. Getting on the freeway, doing 70mph, and when someone passes you on the left, being able to get right up to them with no hassle, and look at them as I zoom by with a quality ride LOL!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

Because it's made by Mazda ? j/k

The handling. :)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

The looks. When I first saw one in person at my local auto show, it was the car I had to have and could afford!

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Replying to Topic 'If you had to choose one thing you like best about your 6...'

Handling...

Oh and launching it with the manual.

Of course I'm not getting the manual, cause somebody in their wiseassness decided that no american's would want to drive a manual.

I sure hope they were fired.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Pretty much cause no american's drive manuals.
Unfortunately they didn't expect that so many sports enthusiasts would want it.

·
Registered
111 Posts

It's interesting that they didnt know about the demand for a manual V6, because for a while the accord V6 was very hard to get in the manual.

You'd think mazda would have learned from honda...

·
Registered
652 Posts

Well, it really is odd considering how the car was marketed.

·
Registered
111 Posts

oh, and i like the fact that it still starts in the morning :)

sorry, still jaded from my last car ... (see profile)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Replying to Topic 'If you had to choose one thing you like best about your 6...'

Originally posted by JivinFlava

It's interesting that they didnt know about the demand for a manual V6, because for a while the accord V6 was very hard to get in the manual.  

You'd think mazda would have learned from honda...[/b]
The manual Accord coupe is a limited availibility model though. From what I read, dealerships received no more than 2 manuals. Not to mention, it wasnt released until February. No one seems to know if the '04 will be easier to locate or if that model will be limited also.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Oh, and my favorite thing about my car is the interior. I love just about everything about it. Everyone that rides with me calls it "high-tech looking." This is probably my favorite interior of any car in this price range, with the TSX being a close 2nd.

·
Registered
628 Posts

My favorite would definetly be its passing power. Coming from the old 4cyl 115hp '93 Ford Probe, this thing kicks ass on the highway. I just really gotta watch out for 5-0!

·
Registered
68 Posts

Favorite thing about the car? It's attitude toward driving. The thing is a whoot to drive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: If you had to choose one thing you like best about your 6...

I hate everything about this car! It makes you want to drive too fast, It's so quiet you don't realize you're speeding. It handles so well that it puts you to sleep, it looks so go that everyone asks you about it and it's so fun that you can't think of anything bad to say about it.

I love this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts

The more I drive it the more amazed I am by the brakes. This car stops on a dime, and gives you change.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: If you had to choose one thing you like best about your 6...

All this talk about the performance of the 6, and I haven't broken her in yet... (work is less than 10 miles away, and not even a highway on the way). At this rate I'll still be telling people I have to break her in a year from now.

Oh and the handling is oh so sweet. On the track this car must be a marvel.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

One of my dealers has been up to 120 on a track in her, tested out the turning/handling/etc. I think I need my own track :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts