Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I lower with mazdaspeed springs..
should I get an alignment done right away?
and how much is an alignment gonna cost me?

and spring rate...it says increase 30% from stock..that means BOTH the front and rear have 30% increased rate right?
sorry me noob..

posted here cuz I am from the lower mainland

·
Registered
542 Posts

and spring rate...it says increase 30% from stock..that means BOTH the front and rear have 30% increased rate right?
sorry me noob..

[/b]
Welcome to the club :welcome9:

Only time your going to need an alignment is if your car pulls to one side after your spring install. I would drive it around first and if it needs it then take it to a alignment shop and get it done!

·
Registered
318 Posts

sorry me noob..

[/b]
As hillmar said, there's no need to run out and get an alignment immediately. If the car is pulling, obviously you should have an alignment done. Also you should pay attention to how your tires are wearing. If the inside edges of your tires are wearing out faster that the outer edges, then you definitely need an alignment. If you are an agressive driver you probably noticed the outside edges of the tires wearing the fastest before. The small increase in static camber from lowering the car may actually help your tires to wear more evenly.

Oh - and regarding the cost - what I did was a buy a lifetime alignment from Firestone. I think it set me back roughly $140 US. After paying the price for the initial one, I've had at least a half dozen alignments done for free. It's definitely worth it for me.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hey zmzm6. Welcome to the club.

I was just at BC Shock and Strut Ltd. (near the Patullo Bridge on King George Hwy in Surrey) and they're doing lowering spring and shock installs for $280 with alignment included.

Might want to give them a call. Guy's name is Louis. Phone is 604.580.3336.

Maybe he can help you out. I plan on getting the work done at his place whenever I get my Tokico's in Jan.

HTH.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx for the welcome and the info!!
but nobody has answered this question yet ..!! :hoho:
sorry me noob..

[/b]
anyway...um.... does the major maintenance cover wheel alignment though? I forgot, maybe Art can answer this for me hehe

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Sorry, didn't see that part of the question. Yes, I'd say that means overall, front and rear.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Garagefive in Richmond quoted me $200 for an install of auotexe springs. And $620 for the springs , just a little too much for me.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
wow $620 for spings? lol that's expensive

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow $620 for spings? lol that's expensive
[/b]
I think autoexe's cost a lot
haha but they specialize in mazda vehicles, I was looking into those ones but thought I'd be better off ($$) with the genuine mazdaspeed parts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts