Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2005 mazda 6 2.3L started to idle high. While driving on highway and slowing down with the brake on, the engine would surge and when put in nuetral idle would be at 2000rpm. Shut off vehicle and restart all is ok. I have no idea on what could be the cause. Any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you get a CEL? Sounds like it could be a throttle posistion sensor, thats what my ranger did when it went out and my dad's truck acted just like that when I replaced his.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Made a mistake it is a 2.0 L engine. Have not checked for anything yet but no cel on Thought may a engine overtemp issue but no signs of it fans work fine but when you think about it it is as if the ecu cannot compensate quick enough for a change in throttle and pressing the brake changes engine vacuum which conflicts with the input to the ecu. You could be right which would be a cheap fix than an intake issue.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
200 Posts
No problem, I am having some issues myself I am trying to figure out... all my solutions seem like they are going to be a pain in the ass though... or cost a lot of money :) Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts