Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it j/ my Speed 6 or do you guys have this too?
after a freezing rain storm in Toronto Canda, it's obvious that i get ice built-up on the surface of
the trunk, but when i open my trunk lid i got ice wrapped around my
lid to the inside (perimeter only), no ice found on the inside centre of trunk lid.
then again, i have ice/snow built up around the hydrolics area.....am i the only one?

if i couldn't explain myself clearly, i'll take some quick snaps and post it up later....

·
Registered
51 Posts
That seems normal considering rain/water flows off the back windshield, under the trunk (the perimeter part you talk about) and out the back ... I could see ice building up there if it's raining and then freezing ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I get it pretty bad too. I live in Wisconsin. It's annoying if nothing else because you can hear it sliding around. All it does is make me imagine my paint getting scratched inside!!

Be careful though, I have the GT with the advanced key and I already had to have the trunk switch replaced. They told me that water or ice probably damaged it. They replaced it and then he said he made a little shield to block it from happening again.

I told them how much ice built up in there. I thought either they need a better drain hole in there or at least increase the pitch a little of the trunk so that the water keeps rolling backward instead fo settling in that deck area under the trunk lid.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I guess I have it too, but I thought it was the ice that fell in there from the windshield once I opened the trunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.