Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was messing around with photoshop and made my taillight likethis and loved it. any ideas on how i could make them like this?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can i just buy LEDs to put in there or would i have to make them myself?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, just the bulbs right, sweet, cant be any harder than putting in those damn DDEs. thanx :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Well changing the bulbs would do nothing... They would still be read

If u look inside the taillights u can see the red plastic that makes us the brake like housing. You would have to cut the lens off the rear housing and physically remove the red to have it all completely clear, I know because I have thought about doing this haha. Then u can paint them black once u have removed the red reflector's and lenses, or just start off with the black tails.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I dont think that would be very smart. They are red for a reason. If someone is driving behind you and just doesnt realize youre braking because red tail lights dont go on, well, you know....

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I dont think that would be very smart. They are red for a reason. If someone is driving behind you and just doesnt realize youre braking because red tail lights dont go on, well, you know....
[/b]
if you sue red LED's you'll get the same lighting effect, color wise as with the stock. it will just look clear as LED's don't give off color unless used.

·
Registered
690 Posts
like they said, get all LEDs.
but i also suggest getting 06 tails (which u already have so that'll be easier hehe), remove the red layer, tape/mask the circle cutouts then lightly smoke spray the clear cover a bit, (just lightly, not dark at all)
then it'll look pretty damn nice

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
like they said, get all LEDs.
but i also suggest getting 06 tails (which u already have so that'll be easier hehe), remove the red layer, tape/mask the circle cutouts then lightly smoke spray the clear cover a bit, (just lightly, not dark at all)
then it'll look pretty damn nice
[/b]
yep, i already have the black tails. sweet, ill try taking the taillight apart this weekend, the car is sitting over winter anyway. thanks for all the help guys, ill post pics when im done :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts