Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like my rims but i am lookining into gettin sum new ones. these are the Rozzi Wikids. wut's our offsets on our 6's again.

20" Rozzi Wikids on a Toyota Celica

wut cha'll think?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reading Topic: i want new rims

Who, no offense, but what exactly do you do for a living? You spent what, $1500 on new rims last month, now you want another set, and you didn't even blink when I quoted you about $2000 on a custom dash. And from what I gather, I'm pegging you at about 18 or so. That's a lot of extra money lying around.....

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

my current rims n tires are $2,200.
i'm in the Cell Phone Business.
and the stereo will wait for a while, performance and exterior mods will be done during this time. $2,000 for a dash kit is fukin crazy.
wut is pegging me @ 18?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replying to Topic 'i want new rims'

size fitaments:

18" was @ +42mm offset (18x7)
20" was at *45mm offset (20x8)

so, which would be the better fit, offset wise?
and wut's the best offset to run with if doing a 18" or 19" rim?

·
Registered
656 Posts

Those rozzis look sweet. Go with the 18's, I think 20's would be too big. As far as offset I don't think I'd go lower than +45mm. But what's 6mm(total) more? Has anybody figured out at what offset the wheels start to stick out of the fender? or start to rub?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Sidenote : the rear end of that car must be one of the ugliest looking I have ever seen..... :p

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by BadBadNeil

cut your wheel wells and put 22's on it.[/b]
haha
let me go ahead and say the azzend on that celica is sickening. wtf was the guy thinkin

and for some reason diddy i knew you would want new rims soon. 20's are a lil on the big side, i would go 19's. heres some heavy 19" wheels i had in mind (if i get chrome).

and of course, my all time favorite rims (pimps only)

·
Registered
229 Posts

For performance mod, heavy big wheels are not the way to go. sticking chrome 20" in the car won't help anything but slow the car down.

Just a note.. our 17" factory wheels are 17x7 with 60+mm offset. I replaced them with a set of 17x7 custom with 48+mm offset. The tires are already sticking out of the fender. Not a great look in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

Originally posted by redss

For performance mod, heavy big wheels are not the way to go. sticking chrome 20" in the car won't help anything but slow the car down.  [/b]
who said anything about performance mod? i think we are aware 20's or heavy rims arent for racing. call me crazy, but i think diddy is more interested in "show" than "go" right now

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Are we going to witness the creation of the "WhoDiddy Ricer6" :D

I thinky you should go with some 18" 5spokes in a good design. Chrome is just to much. If you lower the car 18"'s will give a perfect wheelgap. I say the pics of the lowered 6's at the driving event and it didn't look good when it was TOO low.

These "Momo Tuner" wheels are hot!

THe X-1's are nice as well

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: i want new rims

Looks o.k. if you just want to drive straight ahead and don't like cornering. Turning the car would be a problem though... :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: i want new rims

If you decide on that set-up, gimme your number and I'll call you next winter when my driveway and street need plowing. ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6

Looks o.k. if you just want to drive straight ahead and don't like cornering. Turning the car would  be a problem though... :D[/b]

ehhhh who needs turning :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts