Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ok I know that Move.Over sells the OEM kit for a very reasonable price, but I am looking for something is still bank account friendly IE: possibly under $100, and that fits the USDM 6 (06-08). I don't even care about not having the controls integrated. I can live with a switch under the dash. If anyone knows of such a mystical thing please... by all means post here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I know on find.com and ebay have some....wether they fit or not im not sure i am ordering some myself form ebay they look likt they will fit and the dimensions are correct. there under 100.

·
Registered
101 Posts
there are 3 kinds that say they for 06-08 i emialed all of them only one said they will fit ill show you the link if you want.

·
Registered
65 Posts
post the link

·
Registered
369 Posts
They don't fit. trust me look at the pic and you can see that the plastic does not have the rounded edge/square edge/round edge square edge. Many people including myself have gotten burned by people claiming that their sets fit.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hell yea. Honestly you can make anything fit with the right modification, time and patience. Halo you should check a junk yard and try to pick up some oem ones and then just fab up your own switch. That might be your best bet as far as fitment goes. There has to be at least one junked 6 with fogs.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have thought about it, and have called some junk yards in my area. The main reason I don't go do that first is EVERYONE I spoke to at junkyards were complete ASSHOLES to me so I don't want to give them my business if I don't have to. Plus Im not to bad with a dremel ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try sitting in a Junk yard 40-50 hours a week, having peeps come in all day and low ball the chit outta them. LOL - They're nature is to be a-holes after a while.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Where is the factory fog light switch located in the car?. I see some headlights that say "integrated fog light". Are they located in the headlight housing or in the lower bumper? Recently got an '07 and wasnt sure if it had factory fog lights in the headlights or if i had to take out the lower bumper grilles and mount them there.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The 06-08 models do not have integrated fogs in the headlights. Only some of the 03-05 models do. Some of the 06-08 models have lower bumper fogs, but if yours does not, you'll have to buy some and mount them in the bumper where the small grills are.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts