Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting to take delivery of my 6s (performance white, sport pkg). I'm going to get the Eibach springs because I feel the car has a better profile dropped. (coming from a civic on 18's with a 2.5" drop). I want to put 19" rims on the car but I wanted to know what width, offset, and bolt pattern I would be looking at as well as what tire size to go with. I believe the bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3 (5 x 4.5") from what I gathered on the website here. (A lot of good info, btw). I don't want the rim to stick out obviously, but the smallest I've seen in width for a 19 is 19 x 8.

PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I want 19's'

Well I'm not positive but from what I've gathered here the Sport Package wheels are 17x7 with a 60mm offset. HTH.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: I want 19's

Thanks sixy lady but I need to know what it changes to when the rim size and width increase...i believe the offset decreases.

I was told 19 x 8; with a +45 offset...is that right?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Aim for a higher offset or thinner width. 19x7.5 with a +45 would be fine. I'd say that 8 is pushing it but it's untested yet.

I'm thinking 19x8 would be fine if you could get a +47 or +48 offset. Again though still a guess. Going by what fit on my old Protege.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Would that be a problem with a lowered car? I don't think 19 x 7.5 is made ( or at least I couldn't find 'em). What size tire should I get?
235/35/19?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Yeah sure they're made.

Katana F-15 19x7.5

Racing Hart Z5000

5Zigen Hyper5ZR

5Zigen Copse

ADR SZ-1

And that's just to name a sparse few. There are a lot.

And yeah probably go with a 235/35/19 maybe a 225 depending how much you lower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

My team (Ronin) actually has a sponsorship deal with RO_JA/Motegi and I get the rims from them at extremely deep discount. The smallest width they have available is 19 x 8. Would that fit? The offsets are anywhere between 37mm and 45mm. Also would this fit?

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Check the backpad on the wheels or get someone that knows about wheels too. See if they can shave another few mm's off if needed. Often this can be done and can give you the extra couple of mm's needed. That or you could roll the fenders. There are lots of possibilities.

Get some Formula 5's in GunMetal with a polished lip. The FF5 may look good as well.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Dropped and 19" wheels? Hey, if you check with the Arizona boneyard you can probably get a sweet deal on the tail stabilizer from a B-36, so you can have a matching wing for the back. :)

·
Registered
298 Posts

Hey guys..i have a set of 225/40/18 tires..but i wanted to get a wider tire size, eithe 235/40/18 or MAYBE, if they fit, 245/40/18...can anyone tell me if this tire sizes will fit the Mazda6?

thanks

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Depends on your wheel width. I put 245's on 17x8's and handling suffered. 235 probably would have been better. But, again, all depends on your wheel size.

·
Registered
468 Posts

trm08,
use this calculator to see if your wheels would fit. i had to use a spacer on the rear rims +10mm cuz the centerbore wasn't large enough. i heard you got a blue one and not white, this true? well anyways hope this helps and welcome to the boards!

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html

·
Registered
298 Posts

Hey TRM08,
I have OZ antares 18'...how would i find out there sizes so i could use this calculator thing??

thanks
Elmer

Originally posted by White 6s

trm08,
use this calculator to see if your wheels would fit. i had to use a spacer on the rear rims +10mm cuz the centerbore wasn't large enough. i heard you got a blue one and not white, this true? well anyways hope this helps and welcome to the boards!

http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html[/b]

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Hi
Someone has 225/45 R17x8? Fit OK
Is better to choose 17x7 or 17x7?
Regards
TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: I want 19's

Sorry 17x8 or 17x7?
Thanks
TOMAS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I was about to settle on the white one but my first choice was blue...I finally found one last week but it's a bit of drive for me. I'm actually picking it up tonight. Thanks for the info. You think I should get a 10mm spacer? Wouldn't that push the wheel further out?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts