Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 6 (V6 model) has had a squeaky clutch pretty much from the time I picked it up brand new (100 miles on it). It was a faint noise at the pedal, and my dealer told me I'd have to wait til it got louder so they could pinpoint the issue. I personally felt it was the master cylinder as I had gone through a similiar noise with my Civic.

In the past month the noise had gotten louder, and now you hear it outside the vehicle, in front of the firewall. I drop the car off Monday afternoon, and they put me in a loaner, no problem. I called yesterday afternoon, my oil change was done but they were still trying to locate the noise. Called back today at lunch and same answer. Apparently though the Senior Master Technician is working on it (why doesn't that make me feel better?!). Finally I call back this afternoon because I'm sick of driving this damn minivan. The service advisor tells me they're going to have to tear "something" apart. Okay, what's this "something" they're tearing apart? He's not sure. :goon: I ask if the "something" is the transmission, and he isn't sure. Finally I told him before they tear anything apart, they need to tell me exactly what it is they're tearing apart. I want to know the reasoning behind it all.

Anyone else had a mystery squeak in the clutch that resulted in "something" being torn apart? :stickpoke:

-Mary

·
Registered
347 Posts
I believe they worked out the chatter/judder issue but not the squeaky issue, not too many people have squeaky issue so it will take them a while to come up with a TSB.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As of this morning, still no clue what the "something" is they're tearing apart. The advisor was like "your car isn't the only one we're working on, you know." :goon: Well duh, but how much energy does it take to walk back to your technician and ask him "so what exactly is it you're tearing apart on Mrs Bruce's car"? I should know, I do the same damn thing all day long at work. :swearin: They're supposed to call me shortly when a loaner comes in because my rental runs out today. Hopefully then I will find out what it is they think they're doing.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Funny. My clutch had sucked in a few different ways for a good while. The final straw was when it started making this creaking noise when the pedal was actuated. It felt and sounded like crap! I finally got Mazda to "tear it apart" and they replaced everything - clutch plate, disc, throw out bearing and slave cylinder. Funnier. About 2 weeks after I had the clutch replaced I heard this light pop when I pushed the clutch pedal. It then began making a similar popping/creaking noise to the one I had before the clutch was replaced. :swearin: Funniest. The noise went away the day before I was scheduled to take it back to the dealer to be rechecked and has not happened again since. What sucks? My factory warranty expired midnight last night so if it comes back and is not one of the parts they already replaced (master cylinder?), it's on me. Oh well. :tear:

P.S. It took me 5 days to get mine back when they did the clutch. At least I was not in a minivan!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Wow 5 days? They had mine done in like 1 day. It seems this cars clutch is a bit light for the power it puts out. So basically people all over have strange problems. After having my car for along time I admit part of my clutch going out was my fault, however it really should not have gone out. I hope you 2006's dont have to many problems.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Wow 5 days? They had mine done in like 1 day. [/b]
I don't doubt it. It seems that everytime my dealer has had my car it has been for about 5 days. For all I know they aren't even working on it for 3-4 of them. Oh, well. I'm always in their loaner the whole time!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Day 8 of rental vehicle hell. I am now in a Mazda 6 loaner from the dealership. They have decided to my transmission is the "something" that needs to be torn down. The parts guy says there is a 50/50 chance they'll replace some random parts or the whole transmission. Not included in said transmission replacement is a new clutch. Now wtf would you put a new transmission in a vehicle without replacing the clutch, too!?

Stay tuned for further details. Supposedly they're going to call and update me tomorrow.

-Mary

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New clutch, new pressure plate, new clutch housing and new release bearing. Less than 18k miles. Clutch has been making noises since I bought it. Yay for me. :irate:

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
New clutch, new pressure plate, new clutch housing and new release bearing. Less than 18k miles. Clutch has been making noises since I bought it. Yay for me. :irate:
[/b]
as long as you don't have to pay...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hrmmm, i just started noticeing today mine making a sqeeking sound just as you described it. Im going to have to give the dealership a call. I can feel it in the clutch and hear it at the same time.....

05 with 11k miles

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 2005 6 wagon starting making the 'click' when I depress/release the clutch pedal. Brought it in, they told me the master (clutch) cylinder needed to be replaced. Cool, no problem.

Part comes in, I schedule an appointment, bring it in, get my Focus rental and leave the 6 behind. I call later in the day and my advisor tells me they are doing the whole clutch assy. Great I say, the car has shifted terribly from day 1. I honestly contemplate trading it frequently b/c I really hate the way it shifts.

The next day, I'm on the way to the dealer to pick up and I get a SPEEDING TICKET in the Focus. My first ticket in 10 yrs. Not even a 'good' ticket like 98 in a 55 but 50 in a 35..lame :irate:

I hop in the 6 and she drives better than new. Problem is, the clutch pedal still clicks. Whatever, I'll ride this clutch till it fades and then trade it in.

Looks like the new clutch is going to cost me $189 payable to the City of Austin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts