Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I discovered today (while installing an cold air intake) that the nut holding the control arm to the ball joint above the tire was 2 spins from falling off, and I turned it the rest of the way with my fingers no less. I have only put 1400 miles on this car (06 Mazda 6i mtx), and had I not caught this I would probably be in a world of hurt. Drag on the front left would have put me right into oncoming traffic.

so needless to say I'm going to go in on Monday demand some fixes (it cannot be properly tightened now, the threads are pretty well stripped from the repeated impact), a full inspection (a real one this time, missing this problem was pretty boneheaded) and a loaner car.

I'm pretty pissed that this slipped past their inspection prior to selling the car (it was sold as a used car because one of the workers at the dealership had owned it for a couple months and put on 3200 miles), and then I brought it in for inspection 2-3 weeks after purchase and no one noticed it then either.

Does this seem like a reasonable response, I've mentioned it to my dad and some others and have gotten assorted advice ranging from "Sue the hell out of them, you could have been killed" (I'm not doing this) to "demand they take the car back" (I don't see them doing this, plus I like it too much).

I feel my plan of attack is reasonable, but I was wondering if I should expect to have to fight them about this, and what my best response would be if they are jerks about it.

Thanks.

p.s. This forum is cool, helped me a lot in buying/installing a short throw shifter and a cold air intake. I'm also sorry my first post is a complaint, but this isn't a mazda problem, it's a dealer problem, I love my car.

·
Registered
826 Posts
You have every right to complain. That's all. Short and simple. It's their responsibility. If they say it isn't their fault, just state that you'll bring a lawyer in and let the courts see whose fault it is. They're too worried about their own asses and pr to do anything. See what you can twist out of them. Free parts, maintence, warrenty, the like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts