Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Its possible. I normally shift around 6k and dont see it. Ive seen it about three times now and each time I was on the highway coming home from work (read bat out of hell) and kept it in 4th or 5th and was on-off holding the rpms up. Id be goign along, then bam, no accel. Look at the gauge and pulling 6psi. Id put her in neutral, pop the clutch in, turn her off, then turn her back on, shift into 5th and get on it and spike of 20 and settle at 15psi.

Jason
[/b]
hmmm ok so its possible i just haven;t experianced it. hahah GREAT!
thanks for the input~!
oh btw how much of a pain was it getting the vacume lines through the fire wall for the boost gauge?

·
Registered
998 Posts
By myself, it wasnt too bad. I really wish I would have had someone else to help though. Took me about 2 houts total to install everything from dismantle to driving away completed.

Jason

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just food for thought, I still am waiting for my friend (mazda master tech) to hear back from the tech line about the powerloss issue. I also am going to install grounding wires in the next day or so, and I know its many times placebo effect, but w/our drive by wire it may help w/my stumbles in high rpm ranges??
[/b]

:goon: :slap:

www.howstuffworks.com

or

:google:

please.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I live on LI in NY and we have only reformulated gas, used to be MBTE now ethanol/Methonol 10%. My car has only experenced powerloss once, so I dont think it's the gas. I agree with most it's an over active knock sensor and that software is the fix. I notice that they are using this engine package for other vehicles with different HP numbers. Is the lowered HP because of an engine change or just a software/computer change?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I live on LI in NY and we have only reformulated gas, used to be MBTE now ethanol/Methonol 10%. My car has only experenced powerloss once, so I dont think it's the gas. I agree with most it's an over active knock sensor and that software is the fix. I notice that they are using this engine package for other vehicles with different HP numbers. Is the lowered HP because of an engine change or just a software/computer change?
[/b]
maybe it was just that particular tank of gas, but my point is that I think the car adjusts to certain things, and your car has only run that gas, so no issues, but mine has alway run on the non reformulated and ONLY when I put the reformulated in did I experience it. On most cars the computer adjusts to octane and other things to allow running on different gases depending on where you live etc. So I dont think its so far fetched to say that the computer on ours is so much more picky, that changes in gas, even the same octane can cause sensors to get pissed. 3 days on the good gas, and have not had even a hiccup. Also, to those of you who are not sure if you experienced it, you havnt. I always wondered too, but after it happened there is NO doubt, so be thankfull. :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts