Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- when I was ready to buy, I went is search of a Stick shift 6, I was about to buy one at the Puente Hills Mazda here in Socal, we were Already halfway threw he paper work when the sales men made the mistake of leting me look under the hood, I noticed it said "Mazda 4 Cylinder" or something like that, after he told me I was getting V6 so I asked him what the hell was this? he got all nervous and asked me if I rememberd when he mentioned it was a 4 not a 6 even though I know he told it was a 6 because I said show me V6 cars ONLY- so he said its ok and the 4 cyl is still pretty powerful and to take for a test drive, so we did, I stalled it a buncha times and so he drove it to an emty lot to practice driving it, he stalled it a few time also-
When I finally got it going it stalled in third gear and we skidded to a stop, he said " no more stick-Shifts for you" when we went back to the dealer he convinced my dad not to let me get a stick shift with the whole "it could be dangerous for a young driver" load of shit, so I looked around more and later that day we were filling out paper work again on a differrent 6, when they try to rip me off again buy saying they'd give it to me for 22K out-the-door and tacking on another 7k at the last minute, so I walked out.
the next day I got my 06 V6 Semi-auto for 20 out-the-door, happy while still pist I couldnt get a stick, I drove home very impressed with the new car, even though I didnt get the Stick shift I really liked the 6, I spent over 6 hour each day I was looking at cars arguing with Sales men about pricess and witch 6 to get, the V6 the Speed6, and for how much with what options, I still wish I had a stick and would like to convert it to a stick in a year or so, but to day during a Street Race (yah I know, no street racing threads, oh well) I raced my cousin's v6 Acourd and after that went to a Fry's Electronics big parking lot to have some fun, while ther a Fry's employee jumped in his 350Z and joined us in makeing Donuts, he make driveing look so fun, and he could do so much more with his Stick shift than me and my cousins cars, anyone else wish they had a Stick instead?

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but there will be no converting your 6 to a stick. Its not financially resonable. I'm sure you'll find the auto fun to drive still :).

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Well... its not quite the stick that letting the 350z do so much "more", its the rwd, and if by more you mean doing donughts...

And I am assuming your dad paid for your car? Its great to see you trying to find a better way to abuse something that was given to you.. yay for you!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid for it. and I didnt abuse it

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Lol, my bad. I had a friend wreck his "gift" a few days ago trying to "drift" (FWD scion TC... sigh) haha, so im a bit "wtf are you doing" lately.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You said you paid 20k? no rebates? I hope your 6 is fully loaded with ground effects at least!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I paid for it. and I didnt abuse it
[/b]
Doing donuts in a parking lot qualifies as abuse for most people.

But then, you're how old..?
:D

Oh, BTW - it's usually spelled "gypped", although "jipped" (not "jiped") is an acceptable spelling as well.
The origin of the word comes from getting ripped off by a gypsy.
:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
As said before your friend is doing "so much more" because his is rear wheel drive. I am sure your interest in stick shifts is so you can dump the cluth and impress your firend with a nice burn out every stop sign. You have been given a great car. If you got ripped of on a new car it is because you let them rip you off. I personally paid 14 k for mine, but that happens to be the going rate for the 6i's in my area and looked at about 10 car lots that had them before I went and purchased mine. Alot of options it didnt have but thats ok, let my wife know before we bought it what I wanted and now I can upgrade it to the way I like. If you take care of that car that car will last well beyond your payments on it and then some. But as always it is your dollar that bought it so enjoy.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Uhhh...For one.

If you go into a delearship wanting a stick but cant even drive a stick yet, thats your own fault. Not to mention you go on a test drive with one and stall it how many times? rofl.

Annnd For two..

Then you go out and do donuts in a parking lot? Way to beat on a brand new car. Kids like you make the responsible younger generation look like shit.

BTW: Please proofread your posts before posting. My head hurts from reading your post.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah I don't think converting your auto into stick is very feasable plus not very good for your factory warrenty as well....But enjoy your new car, maybe you will start to like it after a while!! If it keeps bugging you that you still want stick, trade your auto in with someone that is selling a stick in the classifieds....I'm pretty sure he will, since its easier to sell a auto then a stick 4 door sedan.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
So you test drove a stick but you can't drive stick. You should have took someone with you that can drive stick and they could have test driven the car for you. Thats the only requirement for my vehicles, that it has a manual transmission.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah converting to a stick is more trouble than it's worth and a lot more expensive than just trading.
If you really wanted a stick, you should've just gotten one. It's not too late to trade if you're willing to take a hit. In the end though, you'll be happier.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi- when I was ready to buy, I went is search of a Stick shift 6, I was about to buy one at the Puente Hills Mazda here in Socal, we were Already halfway threw he paper work when the sales men made the mistake of leting me look under the hood, I noticed it said "Mazda 4 Cylinder" or something like that, after he told me I was getting V6 so I asked him what the hell was this? he got all nervous and asked me if I rememberd when he mentioned it was a 4 not a 6 even though I know he told it was a 6 because I said show me V6 cars ONLY- so he said its ok and the 4 cyl is still pretty powerful and to take for a test drive, so we did, I stalled it a buncha times and so he drove it to an emty lot to practice driving it, he stalled it a few time also-
When I finally got it going it stalled in third gear and we skidded to a stop, he said " no more stick-Shifts for you" when we went back to the dealer he convinced my dad not to let me get a stick shift with the whole "it could be dangerous for a young driver" load of shit, so I looked around more and later that day we were filling out paper work again on a differrent 6, when they try to rip me off again buy saying they'd give it to me for 22K out-the-door and tacking on another 7k at the last minute, so I walked out.
the next day I got my 06 V6 Semi-auto for 20 out-the-door, happy while still pist I couldnt get a stick, I drove home very impressed with the new car, even though I didnt get the Stick shift I really liked the 6, I spent over 6 hour each day I was looking at cars arguing with Sales men about pricess and witch 6 to get, the V6 the Speed6, and for how much with what options, I still wish I had a stick and would like to convert it to a stick in a year or so, but to day during a Street Race (yah I know, no street racing threads, oh well) I raced my cousin's v6 Acourd and after that went to a Fry's Electronics big parking lot to have some fun,
while ther a Fry's employee jumped in his 350Z and joined us in makeing Donuts, he make driveing look so fun, and he could do so much more with his Stick shift than me and my cousins cars, anyone else wish they had a Stick instead?
[/b]
a 350z can do better donuts than a Mazda 6, who would have thought

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
That is a shame....you wanted to buy stick but they shunned you off of it????

They can't do that, you can buy whatever you choose you want to buy, how could they deny you a car.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I dont know but I've had with arguing with salesmen, and by the way, yes the car is fully loaded, Black leather seats V6 Nice rims all the options you know the rest

Just to add one other thing- when we did the donuts, we did it in a safe place, were there was nothing to run into and the floor was wet so there was no strain on the car to make it slide

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I dont know but I've had with arguing with salesmen, and by the way, yes the car is fully loaded, Black leather seats V6 Nice rims all the options you know the rest
[/b]
They finally realeased some nice rims factory for the 6?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yup! see my garage

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Just to add one other thing- when we did the donuts, we did it in a safe place, were there was nothing to run into and the floor was wet so there was no strain on the car to make it slide
[/b]
I think they called it abuse. Not because you did or didn't do it in a safe place. Thats just not a very responsable thing to do with a brand new car you just got, probably.

Especialy since you can't drive a stick. So i'm assuming your driving skills are probably not the highest. I mean, no offense seriously. Hell, at one time non of us could drive, let alone with a stick.

But if you can't even drive a manual. You probably should hold off on driving like a maniac untill you are a little more skilled at driving.

yup! see my garage
[/b]
It's not working for me. I can't remember the last time I actually got the garage section to work when I wanted it too lol

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
garage works fine to me

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.