Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, how are you?? I sold my Mazda6 (Grey, classic sedan) after having it for 2 and a half weeks.

Mazda6's are too hard to modify. They do look good though. However, since people are used to them, they don't look at them much anymore. It sux.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reading Topic: I SOLD MY MAZDA6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what sort of modification were u after?
i just assume that u r after greater power out of the car .. when u say modify...
turbo kit is on the way already..

·
Registered
136 Posts

Hey Joe,
How much $$$ did you lose after only having the car for 2 weeks?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'I SOLD MY MAZDA6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

That, and also i wanted a body kit. However, no good body kit companies were making mazda6 body kits which means it is not a car meant for big modifications.

I'm looking for a car more like 200sx, 350z type.

Also things like accessories. The main thing I disliked about the car was that you couldn't put a head unit for a stereo in. You are pretty much stuck with the face plate unless you spend heaps of money on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I bought it for $33,300 (Aus)

Sold it for $27500

So $5800.

I would have been happier with $28000 or something. I sold it back to the dealer, they wanted it pretty bad!!

·
Registered
334 Posts

ic .. as i expected ... if u r after pure sports car the 6 is definilty not for u .. since if u want to modify it u would need heaps of money on top of it ...
u just made a bad choice in the first place... should of find out more info b4 u buy :) 6 is a 4 door car .. u cant really compare it to 200sex nor the 350z ...
as for the body kit there are a few already .. AutoEXE, Mazdaspeed, ATH, Kenstyle... etc
personally i think mazdaspeed one looks fantastic...
but ofcos u gotta remember that u cant really compare the 6 with pure sports cars .. in performance wise ..

http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity-Race/...7/gallery2.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

yeh, i know that its 4 door and everything. But I was only allowed to buy a new car and I'm not old enough to get a turbo car.

as for the body kits, they are all pretty crap, i like the mazdaspeed and autoexe ones, but I wished c-west, or veilside made one. The mazdaspeed and autoexe ones are also hard to get.

If i were to keep my car, I would have put the mazda body kit on it like yours, and some 18" or even 19" mags. Plus the sports grill. I also think I got the wrong colour, it is not striking enough.

Your car looks pretty wicked, but I don't like the colour.

·
Registered
334 Posts

well colour is really depends on personal taste ..
if u r not old enough to get turbo car since insurrence would cost a fortune... mayb u should look at those old japanese import cars which alot of honkies drives ... supra, fto ..etc which u can modify the shit out of the car .. and ofcos better performance than the 6...

yeh i wish veilside make a kit for the 6... :/

·
Registered
237 Posts

This car hasn't been out very long, no doubt more aero kits will come out in the future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i'd love a supra or skyline or something, but I can't get a 2nd hand car. Insurance for those would be pretty high as well wouldn't it?

·
Registered
237 Posts

hey hey, im waiting 3 months for my mazda6 and im 17y/o :p

and, hell the insurance with the mazda6 is high enough with my dad enlisted as main driver and me as a driver wiht my dad having no accidents of tickets and 5 yrs + with the company.

Going to a import car like a skyline or supra will put a huge hole in your pocket when it comes to insurance. but a skyline gts-t is quite cheap anyhow, and supras are probably top around 30K range. You can get a used 200sx for around 35K i think.

You obviously want the ricier cars huh.. well honestly IMHO those cars lack any motoring spirit. Its all about hooning around streets sounding like they have a hole punched in their muffler. You might think you're cool and you might think the chicks dig it, but TRUST me, many many many people think otherwise.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Originally posted by [email protected]

if u r not old enough to get turbo car since insurrence would cost a fortune... mayb u should look at those old japanese import cars which alot of honkies drives ... supra, fto ..etc which u can modify the shit out of the car .. and ofcos better performance than the 6...

yeh i wish veilside make a kit for the 6... :/[/b]
WHOA!! didn't know the term "honkie" (i assume you mean a person from HK) existed anywhere else apart from US where it means a gang, anyway I see them in supra and R34 on their P's even BMW M3 but they can afford it.

About the insurance I checked out a mazda2 quote and it was like $2500 if ur 18 and now I can only imagine the exhorbitant fee if you were to get a sports car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

hey miso,

who cares what other people think, who are the other people anyway? japanese cars are good to do up, they have a huge array of products to offer, the cars are relatively cheap and they look good.

my insurance was going to cost around $6K so it wasn't really worth holding on to a car i don't extremely like. this way i can wait till i'm the right age and buy a car that i really like.

why did you buy a 6 anyway miso? which model did you get?

·
Registered
237 Posts

Originally posted by joe_chan16

Hey guys, how are you?? I sold my Mazda6 (Grey, classic sedan) after having it for 2 and a half weeks.  

Mazda6's are too hard to modify. They do look good though. However, since people are used to them, they don't look at them much anymore. It sux.[/b]
what do you mean who cares what other people think, didn't you originally start this thread telling us you sold it because you said other poeple don't look at them anymore? I bought it basically because i needed a car and i wasn't allowed anything too $$. I recommend you get the s15, its the most stylish jap car around IMHO :)

I got the classic sedan with skirts, spoiler, and chrome exhausts :)

BTW, getting any boy racer car like... s15, supra, integ, gts(-t); gtr, fto, soarer, etc etc etc WILL cost you more than 6K in insurance, not to mention fuel costs etc.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Originally posted by Activematic

Originally posted by [email protected]

yeh i wish veilside make a kit for the 6... :/[/b]
WHOA!! didn't know the term "honkie" (i assume you mean a person from HK) existed anywhere else apart from US where it means a gang, anyway I see them in supra and R34 on their P's even BMW M3 but they can afford it.

About the insurance I checked out a mazda2 quote and it was like $2500 if ur 18 and now I can only imagine the exhorbitant fee if you were to get a sports car.[/b][/quote]

oh yeh honkie ... i mean ppl from hong kong ... hehe :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: I SOLD MY MAZDA6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For most people we can't afford $5-6K to experiment like this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

wat exterior mods? there doesn't seem to be anything in that side which isn't available now or anything special.

no, i didn't start this thread because i sold it because nobody looked at them anymore, I sold it because the insurance is too high.

thats why i'm going to wait till i'm 27 to buy a s15, 350z, rx8 whatever..but i probably can't wait till then

wat colour is yours? you weren't allowed anything too $$? yours would be like $36000?? or around there? that is a fair bit.

what else besides a 6 would you get?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts