Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
283 Posts
Personally I'd get 18" aftermarket wheels and fit 245/45/18 tires on there, roughly .24 variation from OEM which is 225/55/17 on trims without the 19" wheels.
Totally agree.
When I do get around to getting a new set of wheels I'm going to 245/45-18s as I can get a wheel package that reduces weight by more than 10lbs per wheel (based on my research, for our diameter, an 18" rim is optimal for reducing weight, planning on TrakLites with summer tires). Also a little more sidewall will be good not only for rough roads, but also for traction in inclement weather (I'm on 19" stock wheels currently).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got the 245/45/19 Mich A/S Sport 3 Plus today! So far so good, but just my luck we are getting a RARE Rain storm here in Phoenix, so I won't be able to do much 'testing' for a few days.......
The ride feels and sounds better...... It looks a bit less 'low' profile, but I am OK with that..... and that the tire is ever so slightly wider than the rim. Might help if you just barely touched a curb! HA!

just wondering what your thoughts are on 245/45 size tires now that you have had time to put miles on it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So has anyone tried 245/40/19 on stock wheels? Will they fit better than 245/45? I'm still trying to decide.

Also considering Kumho Ecsta PA51. They are still new so there aren't a lot of reviews, but for the price you can't really beat them.

·
Registered
A little snail
7 Posts
So has anyone tried 245/40/19 on stock wheels? Will they fit better than 245/45? I'm still trying to decide.

Also considering Kumho Ecsta PA51. They are still new so there aren't a lot of reviews, but for the price you can't really beat them.
So did you go 245 40

61 - 67 of 67 Posts