Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Mazda 6 Club!

I recently had some bad luck and good fortune. While driving to work on the last Monday of March I was the middle car in a 3-car sandwich wreck on the highway and walked away unscathed except for some serious soreness. While I made it out unharmed, my old 2002 Dodge Stratus did not. It was totaled out and I was thrown into the vast, scary world of looking for a new car to buy. Not being a car nut at all, I was immediately overwhelmed by trying to figure out what the heck I actually needed in a new car: 4 or 6 cylinders? A hybrid? How much horsepower? What size? OhGodWhatDoIDo?

Now, before this whole experience I had never driven nor even really considered looking at a Mazda. That completely changed when I got my rental car: a 2011 Mazda 3 (this was the good fortune). It was the most bare bones rental car I have ever gotten. It didn’t even have power locks and I can’t remember how many times I accidentally walked away and left it unlocked. Anyway, despite that, It was still just so much fun to drive. I spent a whole Saturday (10 hours) going from Dealership to Dealership talking to salesmen and driving cars because I had absolutely 0 idea what was out there, and each time I got back in the 3 to drive to the next dealership I was having more fun than I was in the new cars! Around hour 5, I saw the sign for a Mazda Dealership and thought “….Yeah, why not. Let’s go look and see what they have." I walked in and saw what was eventually going to be my new car.

I spent the next week hemming and hawing about what the heck car I was going to get, and I kept going back to the Mazda Website to see that car again. I checked major review sites, blogs, youtube videos, and even message board posts to compare the models I were considering. The race ended up being so close and the cars so even based on my criteria that it ended up coming down to looks and how much actual fun the car was to drive, and the Mazda blew the rest away.

So, long story short (and I’m sure the only part anyone here cares about): I’m now the proud owner of a brand spanking new 2014 Mazda 6 GT in Reflex Blue with White Almond interior. I was originally going to get the Touring model, but I ended up getting waaaaay more money for that old Stratus then I even imagined I would, and that bumped me over the edge into the Grand Touring model.

I’ve had the car for about 2 weeks now and I had a car nut friend who helped me through the whole process ask me a question. He said “So, you bought a new car after you said it was stupid to buy new since they lose value so quickly, you went up to Leather seats after you said you didn’t need leather, and you got a Mid-Size after you said you probably only need a smaller hatchback-style car. Having any buyer’s remorse?” My response? “Absolutely not. This car is gorgeous, fun to drive, and did I mention it’s gorgeous?”

TLDR: 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring in Reflex Blue with Almond Leather interior.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Cool story, sorry to hear what happened but glad you're all right.

Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats!!! Welcome another 3rd gen!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum!

Cool story, sorry to hear what happened but glad you're all right.

Congrats on your new ride.
Thank you, thank you. I swear I read your post as "Cool Story Bro" the first time and I thought I was getting ripped on :D

That is a gorgeous color and color combo. Welcome!
Isn't it? I can't believe the blue doesn't cost money like Red and White, because the instant I saw it I knew it was the right one. It looks downright gorgeous with the "tan" interior.
Welcome to 6club!!

Glad you walked away unharmed.
Me too. I still can't believe I didn't end up with anything worse then a sore back and neck.

Congrats!!! Welcome another 3rd gen!
I hope us 3rd gen-ers aren't looked at as peasants in the Mazda 6 world. The car is just too damn pretty to not love.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's fun to have a car I like so much I'm looking on message boards to read up and talk about it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hope us 3rd gen-ers aren't looked at as peasants in the Mazda 6 world. The car is just too damn pretty to not love.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. It's fun to have a car I like so much I'm looking on message boards to read up and talk about it!
Nah, thus far I have yet to be treated like a lesser enthusiast. I also stick to the topics that I might be able to contribute to which since I just got the car, is limited to bargaining prices and saying hello :)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Welcome! :) beautiful car. Glad to here you made it out of the accident okay and everything worked out for you.

Sent from my VS920 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
2SoonJr
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing