Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My girlfriend got involved in a 3 car accident, she was the middle car. Nothing major, rear just needs a new bumper and paint. Front needed a new hood, passenger headlight, Radiator Support, and Radiator.

The car sat for about a month, while I waited for all the parts to arrive. I got the new parts installed, got the car back on the road and then suddenly it started jerking at above 50mph.

I have narrowed the issue down to 3rd and 4th gear of the automatic transmission. 1st and 2nd are fine, but when you get to 3rd it keeps slipping into neutral and back. Same with fourth.

I did the poor mans transmission flush, through the transmission cooler lines and refilled it with 8 quarts of mobile one transmission fluid and I also replace the transmission filter. Still having the same issue.

After about an hour of driving, it finally threw these codes.

p2507 - PCM Battery Voltage Low
p0767 - Shift Solenoid 'D' Performance (stuck on)

I assume these two are related? I had the battery and alternator tested at Auto Zone and they tested good. Multi-meter shows 12.97v at idle, and 14v at 2k RPM tested at battery.

I have searched the engine compartment high and low, and I cannot find any wiring issues. Is there something I can test, anything else to check?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was the page that saved my life incase anybody was wondering. I was torn between either replacing the PCM or the transmission. When I found out how to properly test each individual solenoid, the 'D' one did not pass the OHM test. 0 Ohms, now hopefully when I drop the pan and replace that solenoid we will be good to go. I just want this to be posted incase anybody else runs across this. You can see the date stamps between my posts. I couldent even find this information in the Mazda6 tech manual for that p0767 code.

http://www.justanswer.com/mazda/74593-mazda-3-03-mazda-transmission-no-2nd-code-p0757.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Todesengel
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing