Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of you guys with a CAI or FMIC looking to part with your stock airbox? I don't need the MAF or the flex hose, just the airbox. Please let me know I need this ASAP. Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping for free haha, I actually only need the bottom of the box. You can shoot out offers though. My zip is 07719. I have a brand new Lotek 3 gauge dashpod that is still in the unopened box if you want to trade.

Stock airbox for the lotek pod?

PS: If you're serious can you just snap a photo so I can see the condition. Also, I don't need the air filter, you can keep that or sell it seperately if you wish.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Still looking for one, huh? What is it again you are going to do with it?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still looking for one, huh? What is it again you are going to do with it?
[/b]
I totally cut out the back half of my stock airbox, It has provided pretty much the same SOTP gains as a CAI. But I have found someone that wants to assume my lease, so I want to install a stock airbox to make it all nice and clean. I would happily trade my modded airbox bottom for a stock one as well if someone wants it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Awe, you're leaving us? Or are you going to purchase one to have all kinds of fun?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was hoping for free haha, I actually only need the bottom of the box. You can shoot out offers though. My zip is 07719. I have a brand new Lotek 3 gauge dashpod that is still in the unopened box if you want to trade.

PS: If you're serious can you just snap a photo so I can see the condition. Also, I don't need the air filter, you can keep that or sell it seperately if you wish.
[/b]

Condition is hmm lets say just removed less than a month ago

·
Registered
706 Posts
Cutting the backside of the airbox out sure is cheaper than a CAI. That would be awesome to see back to back dynos of CAI vs modded stock box. That would be embarrassing.

Sorry to see you go.

·
Registered
721 Posts

[/b]
Mine is mint. I'll take that gauge pod offer if it's still available. Just PM'd you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quick question, I searched the MazdaSpeed section about modded airbox's... Can we perform the airbox mod on the MS6? I have no clue, since I had done it to my 03.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Will you still be offering those Crushed BOVS????

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I still think the CAI really isn't worth much power wise.....it does allow some cool sounds though.

I still can't believe it when people say that the CAI addition made their car feel like a monster?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the CAI is dyno proven for almost 20hp in boost. How can you say that's not "worth much power wise"? That's like $10/horsepower, awesome bank for the buck mod.

Will you still be offering those Crushed BOVS????
[/b]
No sorry, i'm getting rid of my car, moving on in another direction business wise.

PS: Gauge pod is for sale, still in the box from Lotek, sealed and everything. $45 shipped, paypal is [email protected], first come first serve.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Maybe it does do that much?

I only say that in comparison to what 20hp felt like in my other experiences. On my Stang for example, I've done things that netted approx 20hp verified by a dyno, and I could actually 'feel' that difference in the car.

Maybe my butt dyno isn't as sensitive as it once was, but after the addition of the CAI on this car, it felt like the same car.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
No sorry, i'm getting rid of my car, moving on in another direction business wise.
[/b]
That's Weak, your BOV's were proven best bang for the budget buck...I wouldn't dream of spending $100+ for a bov when you offered something close to stock that was pretty good...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I still think the CAI really isn't worth much power wise.....it does allow some cool sounds though.

I still can't believe it when people say that the CAI addition made their car feel like a monster? [/b]
If you don't think that it makes a difference, take a look at my trap speed in my sig. I don't know of any stock speed6's running over 101 mph. I know it's not definitive proof because other conditions are obviously at play, but I should add that other speed6's were at the track that day, none of whom went over 99.

I've gone over 100 a bunch of times in just the 10 or so runs I've made and I have no other mods. So, here's to hoping that it does make a difference since I spent 250 on it, lol. :drive:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts