Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit 1000 miles today, and my god.... do I LOVE THIS CAR. Just drove on a beautiful sunny day from church with my fiance who was looking in-freaking-credible today. Hot car. Hot girl. Ok ... I love this car. Zoom zoom.

3 weeks ago I flew to NYC from Buffalo, NY to pickup a steel gray 6s fully loaded (minus the Automatic). Got the car and took a nice 7hr trip back home, varying the RPMs randomly to help the breakin period.

One week later - got an oil change. I parked and two guys in business suits came running up to me and started spouting compliments on my ride. Asked if I had bought it already and seemed very disappointed when I said yes. Zoom zoom.

Two days later - got my batmobile mod. A viper alarm with window rollup on arm, which is the coolest toy I've ever had on a car. Plus, I can roll them down remotely which is cool on super hot days, let the car air out as I'm walking towards her.

Seven days later - debadged the "Mazda 6" on the back. Just 2 hours ago I had my first satisfying experience from that move. I was driving down a five lane road (2+2+median) and had a grand prix tailgating me. I noticed both driver and passenger were intently looking at the back trying to figure out what the hell it was. Traffic was heavy so they couldn't get to my right ... so they dropped gear and pulled up next to me in the median lane. :D I think they were about to try and ask me what it was when a car going the other way had to make a turn... driver made a slick evasive move and got back in behind me. Hehehe... Dammit I love this car.

Don't have too many people saying anything to me on the road about the 6, but I'm usually blasting the Bose so maybe I just don't hear them.

And yeah, it's fast. Me likey. Zoom zoom.

Next up - 20% black tinting on all windows except windshield. Then, a thorough wash and wax and then about 200 digital pics from all angles, to be posted here.

K, that's it. I'm a little high right now, hopefully all this made sense. Later! :D

oh yeah .. Zoom zoom!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Reading Topic: I love my car

I love mine too, Arcanlaw. I hit 600 miles today. While parking at a gas station waiting for a friend to return, a guy came out and looked at it. He walked around it completely. I rolled down the window, and he said, "Mazda6, huh? Never heard of it. It's a beautiful car, man." I told him how much I loved it and what I paid, and he said he's in the market and is going to test drive one. I warned him he might not be willing to give it back after the test drive. He got in his van and drove away, looking back at the car the whole time.

I've got no mods, no gfx, no leather, no bose... just a base 6s with a sunroof. It feels great to have this car. I have a hard time getting out of it.

In that 600 miles I have YET to see another on the road. While it may mean more expensive parts, it also means people check it out because it's unusual. Yay me. :)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I've seen two total in about 3 months here. One silver, one steel gray. Mine looks better than both, of course. :D

I spent the last 5 years in a 1989 Honda Accord Lxi 5sp with what I call "natural ventilation" ... to the layman, that's "rustholes". I'm so not used to having people stare at my car, and by God it feels good. I'm a vain fukker mind you, so I'm eating it up. :D :D

Oh .. Zoom zoom. :)

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

I'M JEALOUS :( Granted, my car is being bought for me when I eventually get it... hehehe, but still, I want it now, NOW NOW NOW! I've already test-driven it and done the rev-it-up, and its amazing, best car I've ever driven, and I've driven my fair share from civics to mustancgs back to nissans of different types. But its OK, I want to hold out for the Hatch anyway...

·
Registered
6,083 Posts

I love mines too.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yes, this is a great car. Still love mine six months later...never felt this way about a car be4.

And it is a headturner too. (Unfortunately my fender-bender causes a few headturning experiences I'd rather be without...)

Last week, when I had the car parked on my driveway, a realestate broker visited the house across the street since it's up for sale.

The broker has a 7-series BMW. A neighbour of mine told me that when he thought noone saw him, he went across the street to take a closer look at my car. He-he. Too bad I didn't get to see that.

I DID see him a day or two later, though...he was throwing loooong glimpses at my car from across the street when he visited the house again. :)

Me likey.

Now I just have to get that fender-bender fixed.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I love my car'

Originally posted by Arcanlaw
had a grand prix tailgating me....driver made a slick evasive move and got back in behind me.[/b]
Leave it up to a GM owner to be driving recklessly :sarc

I don't see how a person couldn't have heard about the 6. In New England, they are beating us to death with TV ads.

I'm not sure whether I want to debadge the car or not. While it may look better, I almost want people to know what I'm driving.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I love my car'

I don't see how a person couldn't have heard about the 6. In New England, they are beating us to death with TV ads.[/b]
When I called some insurance companies, all the young people did know the car and told me: "Wow, it's a very nice car you're buying, I wish I could buy myself one!"

and then, an older woman tell me : "you're sure it's not a 626? 6 doesn't exist. You should ask your dealer about the car model!" and she was trying like that for a big 5 minutes!

My answer to her was : You should ask your boss why you're working there twitty. Just go look on TV, magazines or newspapers and update your brain a little my sweet potato! clack! I was frustrated and then I laugh so much to almost pee in my pants!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts