Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im new to this site, and im a pretty new owner of a 2006 mazda6 :)

What i was wondering, since i noticed many people here have there cars all modded nicely, since i love to listen to music (only thing to entertain me on the highway everyday to school), i dont really like my basic stock non bose system =/

Since i dont have the $$$ to get everything at once to get a complete sound system, i was wondering what would be safe for me to get first? ie headunit? speakers? subwoofer? amp?
and then work my way to getting everything else.

Thanks a bunch guys, i know its probably a really newb question, but last thing i want to do is go to a car electronic place and have the ppl there just try and convince me to buy everything at once =/

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Well, for 2006 a Metra Kit is not available yet to my knowledge. This kit will enable you to buy and aftermarket HU and take out the factory HU. But thats a little in the future. So I guess one of your alternatives is to replace your speakers and maybe add an amp? Or an amp and an enclosure of some sort? Then dynamat the sucker!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Your best bet is to add a sub first. It will allow you to not rely so much on the stock speakers.

177 Posts
Ditto. And it isnt that expensive, especially since we cant get a diffrent HU unit. Amps are the most expensive thing and thats not even that bad. The only thing I installed was 2 12s and a class D 918 RMS at 1 ohm x 2 monoblock amp. This thing rocks. I am seriously worried Im gonna rattle my car apart haha. But with the setup I got it under 800, and thats with a 350$ enclosure. And since I dont have to run much bass to the midranges anymore, I can get alot more out of them suckers. I cant even max them out, after about 20 they just dont seem to get any louder haha. Some tweeters would be nice though....My next subs comming soon are 1000 RMS 3000 watt max Pioneer Comps....hehehhe, those are gonna FUCK UP some eardrums.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would get a good 4 channel amp and 4 new speakers to improve your mid's and high's.
since its a non bose system im not sure if you have a sub or if your headunit is compatible with a sub input...And I'd definitly buy a good 1 or 2 channel amp and the sub together because that sub wouldnt run really well with just the headunit power!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts