Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Mazda6 i Sedan Sport Value Edition

Brand new...you know the deal with what comes with it & what not...

I pay about $380 a month on a 4 year lease...if I wanna buy out at the end of the 4 years its like $9800 or something similar to that...of course I can finance that at the end to if I would like...

I have a few questions...

#1: With a lease...am I allowed to put a system in it (Subs & Amp), Tint the widows, etc...(May be a stupid question haha) And my Mazda also has a gold like trim or whatever...am I allowed to have that removed on a lease?

#2: What do you guys think...at the end of the 4 years keep it? Or switch it out for something like a 2011 Mazda 6? That would be VERY tempting...but im not sure...I may love this car & would rather keep it...

Im just afraid to try & take the gold trim off & then try to give it back to them at the end of the 4 years and theyll be like "Umm...wheres the trim? You owe us some money" haha...But I may keep it and this wont matter anyway...

And...

#3: Does anyone know if its a good idea to hook my sub & amp up to this stock radio? I dont know...its just sounds like alot of work to put my JVC radio in & all that stuff...and then not know if im gonna keep it yet...

ANY HELP on ANY of these questions would be great...thank you all ahead of time!

And im now a part of the Mazda 6 family! I LOVE the car!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Anyone?

:([/b]
if you're gonna mod your car, don't use your dealer for oil changes and check-ups.
tints, wheels, and mods that can be easily reversed will not cause an issue with your dealer.
i happen to know a friend who's making considerable changes to the engine and the turbo - and he's leasing the car.
i wouldn't recommend it, but again, don't take it into the dealership for the "invisible LCD" tsb, for example, if you plan on making big changes.

finally, you're paying a lot per month for a 6i. with 380 a month, at the end of the lease, you should be able to lease a speed6 or a car comparable to it.
i wouldn't buy it out at the end of your lease, but that's just my opinon. thoughts, others?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally, you're paying a lot per month for a 6i. with 380 a month, at the end of the lease, you should be able to lease a speed6 or a car comparable to it.
i wouldn't buy it out at the end of your lease, but that's just my opinon. thoughts, others?[/b]
What do you mean by this? I dont think I understand exactly...if you can give me an example it would be greatly appreciated...sorry if this is a stupid question lol

One more question...would it be ok to remove the pinstripe thats on it if im leasing or no?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
What do you mean by this? I dont think I understand exactly...if you can give me an example it would be greatly appreciated...sorry if this is a stupid question lol

One more question...would it be ok to remove the pinstripe thats on it if im leasing or no?[/b]
example of...?

at the end of your lease, your car is worth original value - depreciation right? i'm saying your car's original value seems high.

by the time your lease ends, there will be better cars you can buy at that price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
example of...?

at the end of your lease, your car is worth original value - depreciation right? i'm saying your car's original value seems high.

by the time your lease ends, there will be better cars you can buy at that price.[/b]
I belive the buy out price at the end of the lease is around $9800...

So you belive its probally better to just leave or buy another car at the end of the lease then to buy this one correct?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I belive the buy out price at the end of the lease is around $9800...

So you belive its probally better to just leave or buy another car at the end of the lease then to buy this one correct?[/b]
yes. what is the original value you're leasing this car at?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Like others said, you can mod it, but dont do anything that cant be removed at the end of the lease. That and dont bring it in for dealer service if its modded. (not that you really need to do that anyway) My 04 Honda is a lease, and the dealer had no issues with tint. The car also hasn't been back to the dealer since the day I got it, since I've done all routine maintenence myself. I wouldn't remove the gold trim, as thats something they will likely notice and charge you for.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna remove the gold trim...you think if I brought it back in 4 years theyll remember it was there? lol

I really think the car will look a 100% better without the trim...

I also need my amp & subs in & I think that will be VERY difficult...looks like its not an easy process

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanna remove the gold trim...you think if I brought it back in 4 years theyll remember it was there? lol

I really think the car will look a 100% better without the trim...

I also need my amp & subs in & I think that will be VERY difficult...looks like its not an easy process[/b]
whatever you do make sure it's back to stock form when you return it. that's all we're sayin.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
As a rule of thumb most people that know they want to mod their cars should buy their cars.
You lease when you know you'll be getting a new car every 2 to 3 years.
4 year lease are not wise and buying a car after the lease is up is money out the window.

You asked the question so here's my two cents.
Do not do anything to that car that you can not put back!

You don't own that car.
That's why you should not mod it.

But ask your dealer what they think for a second opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
You don't own that car.
That's why you should not mod it.

But ask your dealer what they think for a second opinion.[/b]
Leasing = Renting. The car is not yours.

Yes, you should find out from the dealer to see what you can do to the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres the big question...if I decide I wanna keep the car...for some reason you guys are sayin thats a bad idea...but thats besides the point...

If my choice is to keep it...does it matter what is changed on it when I go back in 4 years & tell them imma keep it & finance it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mods won't matter if you keep it.

$380 a month is a lot. For example, on the exact same car I'm paying $223 a month on a purchase. I put a lot down but even without the down payment, I'd still be throwing in close to $300 per month on a 5 year. Granted at the end of year 4 I'd still be on the hook for $4000 ($6000 without the down payment) but the car would probably be worth more than that at that point if I decide to sell. If not, one more year of payments and I'm free and clear. It's too late now so don't worry about it but in the future you might want to check what deals other people are getting.

Now at the end of 4 years, getting rid of the car isn't a slam dunk. I ran numbers before I bought my car and I still have those numbers on hand. In 4 years the 6iVE with 20,000 miles per year should be worth about $9655-$10455 as a private party sale based on 2003 similarly equipped 6 pricing (there was no completely equivalent model). Retail would be higher. Now this isn't taking into consideration that the new model 08 6 will kill the resale somewhat for the current 6. Hopefully it won't butcher the resale like the current 6 did to the 626 but the value will take a hit. That really puts it too close to call. That's the point of a lease residual. At the end, the residual should be worth about what the car is worth. You'll just have to wait and see if it's worth keeping.

·
Registered
120 Posts
First off welcome to the club...

Second, keep in mind that after 4 years at $380/mo you'll have $18K plus in lease payments into a car vauled at $21K with $9,800 remaining as a payoff. If you don't have the $9,800 in cash, then you're financing a used car with interest rates at least 5%.

IMHO you'll want to get out of this lease ASAP.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Leasing = Renting. The car is not yours.

Yes, you should find out from the dealer to see what you can do to the car.[/b]
The dealer doesn't own the car either. With the lease, the car is either owned by the bank you leased it through, or Mazda credit if you leased through them. In either case, the dealer really has no say other than to possibly offer you suggestions as to what they have seen the banks or Mazda credit allow. For a real answer concerning modificiations, you should contact the leasing company.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
So you leased the car for 4yrs. at $380 per month.

380/mo*48/months = $18,240
Buyout at lease end = $9800
Total = $28,040

For a 6i?!? Wayyy too much money. I'd definitely not make a decision to buy it at the end. Also, be sure you're under your mileage cap so you're not billed for excess mileage or wear and tear.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts