Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Obviosly i am new, I am 20 years old, and I am curently at University, I love cars and in particular my Mazda! 3 month Ago my father p[assed away in a tragic car accident that left 3 other dead and my Step mom paralyzed from the waist down. He Bless his heart had a great life insurance policy for my brother, sister and myself, and I have put some of the money toward my new car. It offers me a great way to spend time and take my mind off things.
I just got my Red 04 Mazda 6s Hatch, The guy that had it before me was a member of this club, and he had done some work to it.
It had
-18 Inch ADR rims w Kumo rubber
- MazdaSpeed Springs
- MazdaSpeed Short Shifter
-Red LED Interior lights
-And a Erebuni front bumper

The car had 16 000 Km (I am in Canada) on it when I got it, and was never winter driven,

Since I got it,
I had to put Winter tires and rims on it, - 17 Inch 10 Spoke W Kumo Winters
And I just got a Custom Axel-back Magnaflow Exaust installed yesterday, (I know the Cat back would be better, but the Axel back cost me $300 CAD Installed) And for now it will do.
And I am getting my audio System installed from my old car next week. (03 Spec-V)

My questions to you guys are, What do you think I should do next?

I dont have leather and I have heard that Leatherseats.com kits are good does anyone have any opinions about that?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Sorry about your mom and dad.
Sounds like you might have the m-sports? Hard to advise you what to do next without a picture...maybe a CAI?

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Yup, get yourself a CAI, and some HIDs while your at it. Post up some pics of the ride!

Sorry to hear about your story though, sad..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good luck with that car. My deepest sympathies go to your father and whoever else was involved in that tragic car accident. As for the car and yourself, just do whatever makes you happy. I'm 19 myself and I'm a struggling student (trying to juggle a job, bills, and college) with two ill parents. Just hold your head up high, enjoy life, and enjoy that 6. Take care.

·
Registered
978 Posts
the suggestions from the previous members are about what I'd say... sounds like you've got a lot done already by the person who owned it before. if you get the leather seats, you going to do it yourself? from what I've seen and heard from others, it's not that hard, but it does take some time. and everyone who's gotten it seems to be very happy with the quality of the leather. if you get it, I think you should do it yourself...it'll be like your initiation and your contribution to a car that someone has already put a lot of effort into. anyway welcome to the club and glad you're enjoying your car.

but more than all that, hope you're doing ok considering all that you've been going through. it was good of your dad to make sure you and your bro and sis were taken care of financially so that whatever goals you have can be a little easier for you to reach. take care and good luck.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,569 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and my sympathies to you and yours for your loss.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot guys.. and I will get some pics of it up soon...

I am happy to be here

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My sympathies to you and your family. What a tragic loss.

Welcome to the board. I hope your time here helps in some small way. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts