Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just got My Mazda 6 this last Wensday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a V6 3.0 liter, Semi-Auto Leather seats Spoiler Moon Roof Boss Sound 18 inch stock rims!

any info advice?

also, Is it ok to pull the hand brake to skid? I was told not slam on the brakes tell after the first 500 miles, unles its an emergency, not the hand brake, I forgot the resone but could someone explain that for me

All Photos CopyRight 2006 Jonathon D. Ortiz

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome!! Exact same color as mine I believe! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
also, Is it ok to pull the hand brake to skid? I was told not slam on the brakes tell [/b]
why would u want to do such a thing?, especially since its a brand new car, not to mention the fact pulling the emergency brake can cause the vehicle to loose control leaving you with no control at times.

·
Registered
900 Posts
also, Is it ok to pull the hand brake to skid? I was told not slam on the brakes tell after the first 500 miles, unles its an emergency, not the hand brake, I forgot the resone but could someone explain that for me
[/b]
Nice new ride, but :wtf: Dude! It's a new ride. Whoever told you to do anything special with the brakes, or otherwise is wrong. :huh: Drive it now like you want it to drive later. Unless of course that includes power sliding it with the handbrake!!! :nono: Save that sh*t for the "Fast and the Furious". :slap:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I Just got My Mazda 6 this last Wensday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any info advice?
[/b]
Enjoy your new car feel while it lasts , you know ... that amplified infatuation going on right now .
You'll find plenty of useful info on our forum (none I've seen on skidding), make sure to explore all areas and take your time to learn new things about your car , happy reading !

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, before poeple think Im abusing a new car, I only wanted to know if pulling the Hand brake was a good way to skid, and I dont mean like using it at high speed or on streets, and, I havent moded the car, the dealer said not to Slam on the Brakes (not the hand brake) till after the first 500 miles, something to do with the ABS needing to be properly broken in.

And no, I dont drive like a maniac, I treat my new car as a new car should be treated, letting it worm up before I go, keeping it clean, driving carefully, and parking it in a safe place- just fa ya info!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
why would u want to do such a thing?, especially since its a brand new car, not to mention the fact pulling the emergency brake can cause the vehicle to loose control leaving you with no control at times.
[/b]
True.

ok, before poeple think Im abusing a new car, I only wanted to know if pulling the Hand brake was a good way to skid, and I dont mean like using it at high speed or on streets, and, I havent moded the car, the dealer said not to Slam on the Brakes (not the hand brake) till after the first 500 miles, something to do with the ABS needing to be properly broken in.

And no, I dont drive like a maniac, I treat my new car as a new car should be treated, letting it worm up before I go, keeping it clean, driving carefully, and parking it in a safe place- just fa ya info!
[/b]
Well if you really want to skid, IDK, why would you want to?....Jus remember its your car do as you like, if it were me? I would only pull ebrakes on RENTALS....or my old 95 neon and I went through 3 e brakes from wannabe drifting sessions in high school.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And I was also wondering what a CAI is? everyone around here seems to mention them

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Is it good to skid ; don't see any purpose for it , do you ? You're the one asking the question ... but funny thing is we're all the ones questioning this ! The only time I could possibly use that maneuver would be in the snow , and then again that would be in an emergency ..... now is that good to the car .... well ya ! if it's going to save your ass & the car's !

Now you need to come up with a reason why you're asking about skidding ;) And ya slamming the brakes is no good cause it wears your unbroken rotors prematurely with potential warping damage & what not so just brake preventively ahead of time gradually but at the same time don't be scared to use them like a straight-A citizen should ... not racing to the next stop sign and SLAMMING THEM ! Hope it's more clear now ...... now your turn to enlighten us .

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I seen a show on drift racing, and there were trying out an RX-8, and before each drift, the driver pulled the hand brake to begin each slide, now I dont want to drift, or race, but, when my friends or my cousins are around and they wanta go for a spin (not litterly) so when were in an emty parking lot somewhere and theres no one around we can see how it handles, I dont mean I want to pull it and keep it pulled, I mean just to make a little skid or 2

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
I seen a show on drift racing, and there were trying out an RX-8, and before each drift, the driver pulled the hand brake to begin each slide, now I dont want to drift, or race, but, when my friends or my cousins are around and they wanta go for a spin (not litterly) so when were in an emty parking lot somewhere and theres no one around we can see how it handles, I dont mean I want to pull it and keep it pulled, I mean just to make a little skid or 2
[/b]
I have a sneaky feeling this may be you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDpWH0Q-RDM

:laugh: :drive: :laugh:

·
Registered
498 Posts
What better way to show off your new $20k car to your friends than pulling an e-brake and sliding around a parking lot. Mazda intentionally put a new high-powered emergency brake shoe system on the car so people can use it to show off lack of driving skill and immaturity. If you want to take your friends for a "spin," drive on some twisties and show off the better-than-average handling. Spinning around a parking lot is what kids do in trashy neighborhoods.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they did?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Dude do it up in the rain first..i rem i did pulled the e-brake once in my car when i was pulling up infront of my house.

Let me tell you the tires never took me that long to get off the damn rotors in my life! never again. they were like stuck on there hardcore, with a rubber mallet, and two cans of WD40...about 20 minutes each rear wheel..not worth it..but its just something you gotta do...

i'd recommend the rain, and snow is fun to..but please that youtube video is def. scary..be careful

and yeah

welcome!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your wheels got stuck? how

1 - 20 of 22 Posts