Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did my injector seal today. I used the Toyota seals to replace the stock ones. My car has 127,600 miles on the seals. I did removed the hard line that attach's to the fuel rail so it doesn't get in my way. I was able to catch most of the fuel in a small plastic container. I did use towels just in case. Like everyone else has said that the fuel rail is really stuck on the injectors because of the blue o-rings. I pried it off slowly with a 1/2" breaker bar since I couldn't do it with my hands.

The injectors came out by just twisting them back and forth while pull up on them. I borrow someones CP-e's injector tool remover, but didn't need it.

I cleaned the injectors with non-chlorinated brake cleaner.....sprayed on a rag and wiped down. I lubricated the new blue o-rings with a special o-ring lubricated that I got from work. It made putting on the fuel rail back on to the o-rings very easy!

I cleaned each injector hole on the block and tighten everything to the proper torque specs. Luckily, I put everything back together properly because there was no gas leaking anywhere and the car started fine. I took the car for a 5 min drive, but didn't get on the gas. I will take it easy for the first 100 miles then I will see if I notice a difference in power or any of my senors that I'm monitoring on the DH.

Here's the pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

More pics.....yuck!

Attachments

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Did you have any trouble with the torx bolts?
Thanks for mentioning that you swapped the blue o-rings, I hadn't thought about that. Got a part number & price handy for em?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I thought about switching my I ring seals, but it wasn't necessary IMO. Those things are super heavy duty, and held up fine on a ms6 with 160k. If they are cheap, maybe it would be worth it.
I agree on the tool-not needed. Just twist and pull and they WILL come out my hand. Fuel rail was a bitch to get off, I pried off from left to right (facing car).

Make sure to lube up injector orings and fuel rail, and install is a breeze. People use vasoline with great success. I used WD40

Torx bolt is not an issue as long as you use high quality tools. I snapped a t40 cheap socket right away. Wet to autozone and bought t40 professional and took everything off easily

Good job! Did you do valve cleaning too?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I thought about switching my I ring seals, but it wasn't necessary IMO. Those things are super heavy duty, and held up fine on a ms6 with 160k. If they are cheap, maybe it would be worth it.
I agree on the tool-not needed. Just twist and pull and they WILL come out my hand. Fuel rail was a bitch to get off, I pried off from left to right (facing car).

Make sure to lube up injector orings and fuel rail, and install is a breeze. People use vasoline with great success. I used WD40

Torx bolt is not an issue as long as you use high quality tools. I snapped a t40 cheap socket right away. Wet to autozone and bought t40 professional and took everything off easily

Good job! Did you do valve cleaning too?
People have been using these with good success at MSF

Injector seals solution. - Mazdaspeed Forums

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you have any trouble with the torx bolts?
Thanks for mentioning that you swapped the blue o-rings, I hadn't thought about that. Got a part number & price handy for em?
I didn't have any issues with the torx bolts. I already had T-40 bit to use, but bought new set from harbor freight that is made for air impact guns.

Blue o-ring part #L3K9-13-253 @ $16.55 each. 4 needed

Grommet part # L3M8-13-253 @ $3.26 each. 4 needed.

I also got another grommet that I didn't use because it still looked good: part #L3M6-137253 @ $10.58 each. 4 needed

There was another grommet on the injector that looked in good shape, but I don't know the part #.

L3K9-13-253 & L3M8-13-253 are definitely needed.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Did you do valve cleaning too?
I will be cleaning the valves with the walnut media blaster in 2 weeks. I have everything to do it now. I love Harbor Freight! I can't wait to clean the valves and see the positive results. Thanks again with the how - to.

P.S. I notice the old PCV valve rattling less and moving as freely compared to the brand new PCV valve. The old one was replaced at 8X,xxx miles ago. I'm keeping the old one just in case. I cleaned the old pcv with non-chlorinated brake cleaner and it felt almost as good as the new PCV valve.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
I wouldn't risk reusing the injector o-rings. Buy new ones... Small price to pay to avoid leaks.... The grommets are pretty cheap too. I also replaced the big o-ring on the high-pressure fuel line.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
True, the blue o-rings on the injectors looked bad compared to the fuel rail hard line blue o-ring. The blue o-rings is subjected to a lot of heat since it right there on the injector, which is in the head/block. Plus, it would be a pain in the ass to replace because you would have to remove so much stuff to get to it. The hard line is easy to get to in comparison.

I will buy another set of injector seals just to have. I only bought one extra just in case I messed up......which in hindsight I should have bought a total of 8 since they are so cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts