Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I hope it is too because thats the first time I've ever seen someone in the club buy one of these brand CAI's.....good luck to you and since your inn Okinawa more power...I hate it TheRe!! Too much military!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
looks like it has the same bends and posts as my injen.. should fit. but cant say for 100percent.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It should work. But it will throw a CEL. You could always buy the CPE maf box to fix the cel tho. All a cold air kit is, is a pipe and a air filter...

·
Registered
206 Posts
i had this setup for a few months and when i had it i had no CELs at all. i only put on the 1st pipe tho, couldn't get the other pipe to fit to make it "cold air intake", so i ran the short intake setup. seriously tho, no CEL. i think you'll find it not a bad buy. I have aem now and i'd actually have to say very little difference, except i get the occasional CEL with aem. i can live with it tho. performance-wise, i think it was all in my head that aem is the "better brand" so i felt like i was getting more power LOL!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The fact that there are so many members on here that are willing to pay a higher price for percived quiality is scary. With peps like this buying stuff for our cars prices will never fall.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It should work. But it will throw a CEL. You could always buy the CPE maf box to fix the cel tho. All a cold air kit is, is a pipe and a air filter...
[/b]
I think alot depends on the size of the piping and type of piping used as well. I always wondered why the MAF customizer was for only INJEN intakes. I wondered what would happen if you used it on another intake.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Well I would scrap that air filter because with my experience with ebay air filters, It'll probly break down on you in the near future..You dont really want to be sucking dirt and dust into your intake for any prolonged time. I would recommend a [email protected] filter at the very least!

The fact that there are so many members on here that are willing to pay a higher price for percived quiality is scary. With peps like this buying stuff for our cars prices will never fall.
[/b]
Your not just buying the product, but buying the product support and the companies reputation...I'm pretty sure once you leave a positive feedback for that intake, your own your own if there is a problem! It might look great right now but who knows if it will start rusting in the near future because of the cheaper metal combination they used to make it. The hassle alone is sometimes not worth the money you save!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If your buying reputation then we are really screwed because people have been bashing cpe and injen both.. LOL

And all of them will rust in the end.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
If your buying reputation then we are really screwed because people have been bashing cpe and injen both.. LOL

And all of them will rust in the end.
[/b]
The only bad thing that has ever been said regarding the CPE MAFCI is some people do not like the price. I don't think you can say how CPE is crap when they make probably the HIGHEST quality parts for the 6 then any company out right now.

And they back up everything. If you have a problem they make sure you are taken care of ASAP no matter what.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The only bad thing that has ever been said regarding the CPE MAFCI is some people do not like the price. I don't think you can say how CPE is crap when they make probably the HIGHEST quality parts for the 6 then any company out right now.

And they back up everything. If you have a problem they make sure you are taken care of ASAP no matter what.
[/b]
+1 I recalled problems with their engine mounts...They seemed to have taken all the bad ones in and fixed them...I wonder if they would do the same for a knock off engine mount on ebay???

·
Registered
781 Posts
+1 I recalled problems with their engine mounts...They seemed to have taken all the bad ones in and fixed them...I wonder if they would do the same for a knock off engine mount on ebay???
[/b]

Whats CAI stand for

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Cold air intake. It took him more time to think up and type the go search insult than just answering...

And yes I have seen problems with engine mounts, which they fixed from what I saw, and I think something about a y pipe issue. Even if the company fixes it, you still have the issue of it breaking in the first place. I am not saying CPE is crap, or they are a bad company, I am just saying dont pay extra for a name.

Do you guys always buy name brand drugs? Like advil? When you can get some no name for half the price that is the exact same stuff? I sure as hell dont. Not only is my head ache gone, but I have money left over for a soda... HEHE

·
Registered
507 Posts
And yes I have seen problems with engine mounts, which they fixed from what I saw, and I think something about a y pipe issue. Even if the company fixes it, you still have the issue of it breaking in the first place. I am not saying CPE is crap, or they are a bad company, I am just saying dont pay extra for a name.

[/b]
Cats, but it wasn't technically their fault. The parts they sourced (Magnaflow, I think?) were failing and they (CPE) recalled and replaced them all free of charge.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Cold air intake. It took him more time to think up and type the go search insult than just answering...

Do you guys always buy name brand drugs? Like advil? When you can get some no name for half the price that is the exact same stuff? I sure as hell dont. Not only is my head ache gone, but I have money left over for a soda... HEHE
[/b]
Yeah but I do buy sony over sonyo...rockford over rockwood....honda motorcycle over Hyosung sportbike...rolex over rolax....Xtec HID over $99 noname HID's....and Mazda over daewoo.
Please don't cheap out on the car, cuz I would hate to see one of our cars like this one!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/8d63...82e0158dbda.htm
:sarc:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Actually that vidoe is cool. It is a couple of young guys who dont know what they are doing using a crappy car they dont care about to learn. It should be the spirit of this forum.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Yeah but I do buy sony over sonyo...rockford over rockwood....honda motorcycle over Hyosung sportbike...rolex over rolax....Xtec HID over $99 noname HID's....and Mazda over daewoo.
Please don't cheap out on the car, cuz I would hate to see one of our cars like this one!
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/8d63...82e0158dbda.htm
:sarc:
[/b]

Totally agreed not to mention that the video was HILARIOUS!!!! Whata great crap ass car to throw a turbo in, LOL....and you forgot to add that Bombz has been around for how long?? Because I know that AEM, K&N, and Injen have been around long enough for their name to have true meaning!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts