Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Guys, I wanted this report to be comprehensive, as I am so excited with finally owning my car, the Mazda6 Luxury Hatch.......Read On and Enjoy...........Rod.

Today, I received my Mazda6 Luxury hatch from my local dealership. I have taken it for a drive for 200 kilometres, covering most types of traffic situations that we encounter in Australia, from City streets, to open freeways and Country roads.

I have found the car to be Awesome and more than everything I have expected of it !!!

It seems even more stylish, now that I have had a chance to look at it more…. It has attracted lots of looks from other drivers and pedestrians as well, I showed the car to some friends of mine, and they think it looks like a Lexus, but much better (& cheaper !). Also others have said that it has hints & overtones of Audi & Mercedes, especially the side profiles. The colour of the car is Sparkling Silver & it suits the car really well.

I am still waiting for the rear spoiler, but the car still looks very sporty, as it has the 17 inch wheels and alloys & dark tinted windows & Sunroof, just beautiful!

The 2.3 litre engine has plenty of power through the whole range and is very quiet and smooth and with the ActiveMatic transmission, the engine is doing about 3000 rpm at 110 kilomtres per hour. In 200 kilometres of driving, the car only has used a ¼ tank of fuel, so I think that nearly 800 kilometres can be achieved with careful driving….

The transmission is smooth & fast to change when you want it to, especially when using the “manual” mode. The Brakes are very powerful and the pedal only needs to be lightly pushed for slowing down very quickly in traffic.

The interior is most most Luxurious I have owned and the Leather seats & climate control is wonderful and a delight to use. The Bose Stereo is awesome, with 6 stack CD player and 7 speakers with the Subwoofer mounted in the Spare tyre well, the stereo sound is crystal clear and powerful, when you want it to be !!

The Drivers seat has plenty of bolstering for the hips and thighs and also has electric adjustment for tilting, seat height adjustment & fore & aft movement of the seat. There is also the Lumbar support, which is great for my back !!
There is heaps of room in the back seat area & trunk, especially with the fold down Kari-kuri seat system.

Even though the tyres and wheels are 17 inch, the ride is firm, yet comfortable. Australia and Sydney in particular has some very rough roads, so I do expect some road noise to be transmitted into the car, but it is actually quieter than most of my previous cars…….

And because the engine & transmission is so quiet anyhow, the road noise does seem to stand out more, there is no wind noise from the mirrors either.

I have heard no thumping noises or problems with the suspension that seems to be affecting some of the other 6’s…in other Countries........

The steering is very direct, but also very light, which means parking the car is easy too.
The steering wheel is nice to hold, and is very handy with the mounted Stereo controls & cruise control, which is simple to use. The horn is very loud and powerful !

Quality is excellent all around, up to the usual Mazda & Japanese levels of quality. Although some felt lining that runs along the bottom of the drivers door window, is slightly bent, and it needs to be straightened up. The Drivers seat “squeaks” a bit, when adjusting it fore and aft…(probably needs some WD40 or oil)….will get these looked at the first service.

The first service is at 1000 kilometres, which is free, I also need to get the electrical connection fitted for the tow-bar and the Rear spoiler to be fitted sometime in Mid-November.

So, hoping to hear other reports from other Mazda6 drivers !

Cheers
Rod From Australia
:D :p :) ;) :D

Ps - Haven't taken any Pics yet, but will do so Probably next week , when I am not at work....!!!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'I have my Mazda6 Now......!!!!!!!!!'

Congratulations, Rod!

(I have 12 hous to go, so you beat me to it!!!!:D )

It sure is a wonderful car. I envy us!!!:hoho

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks Steve,

I am also very excited for you as well.................I bet you won't be able to sleep !!!

I am not sure what time it is over in Sweden at the moment !!! :D

Hope you enjoyed my report, make sure you do something similar from your first driving experiences......!!

Rod

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Yup. I enjoyed your report. Makes me all worked up.

Your point about time is correct. It's half past five in the morning. Who could sleep awaiting the new Mazda6??:sarc

Nah, actually I woke up with pain in my shoulder. Must have been sleeping in some strange pose.:D (I was dreamin' of the damn car though...:hoho )

I'll get back with my report as well!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

It's 3.30pm in the afternoon over here..............

Only 3.5 hours to go until I finish work for the day & drive my Mazda6 home....a 75 kilometre very enjoyable journey....!!!!

I started late today, as I picked up the car this morning.

I probably won't be here, when you report back about getting your car, but I can't wait.............til I logon again tomorrow morning !!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Have a pleasant drive back home tonight then. Whatch out for moose! :sarc

(That's what we say here. But perhaps kangaroos would be better where you live...:D )

You wouldn't want one to jump on your car, now would you?

Later dude.:)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

So...now you're about to take off on your journey home. Enjoy.

Here, my working day is about to begin. I will use this day to relax a bit since yesterday was a harsch ride from morning until the evening. (Going from meeting to meeting, those of you who does that know what I'm talking of...).

Today, I'm just in my office. No meetings. And as I have my office at home, I'm gonna make some (strong) coffee and sip on it throughout the day. Well, that is until 16.30 as I then have to go. You know....to get my 6!!!:D

I'll post my first day of ownership review tonight!

:D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

So...now you're about to take off on your journey home. Enjoy.[/b]
Yes, Leaving at 7pm, Home about 8pm or a bit after, depending how long I wish to spend in my Mazda6 ......!!
It really doesn't matter what sort of traffic I encounter, so driving it will be a pleasure......

I'll post my first day of ownership review tonight![/b]
I can't wait to read it in the Morning....
Chat to tomorrow sometime....

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
71 Posts

2 RodneyJ:
Congrats!
If You make 800km with one tank - inform me! What's the average fuel
consumption during your first drive? Of course - it's possible to drive with
constant speed 100 - 120 kmh at a rate bit below 8l/100km and thus
make 800km.

I don't believe in tank-meter so much and refuel after approx. every 500km,
what makes about 45 l.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by Gasjs

2 RodneyJ:
Congrats!
If You make 800km with one tank - inform me! What's the average fuel
consumption during your first drive? Of course - it's possible to drive with
constant speed 100 - 120 kmh at a rate bit below 8l/100km and thus
make 800km.

I don't believe in tank-meter so much and refuel after approx. every 500km,
what makes about 45 l.[/b]
You cannot depend on the petrol meter visually. Reset your meter reading the next time when you top-up full petrol. After the next round of top-up ( full tank); you should be able to have a more accurate reading.Anxious to know your mazda6 2.3L petrol consumption report.

It's good that you do not encounter the "knocking" sound that i have. Maybe, you try to do a left cornering at a very slow sleep ( about 20km/h or less ).

·
Registered
71 Posts

Originally posted by jon

After the next round of top-up ( full tank); you should be able to have a more accurate reading.Anxious to know your mazda6 2.3L petrol consumption report.  

It's good that you do not encounter the "knocking" sound that i have. Maybe, you try to do a left cornering at a very slow sleep ( about 20km/h or less ).[/b]
Consumtion now with winter tires (different size - 205/55 R16 Goodyear Ultra Grip 6)
has decreased to ~7.5l/100km average driving outside the city (100 - 120kmh);
up to 9l/100l average driving in the city (depending on traffic jams).
With summer tires (215/45 R17 Bridgestone) it was approx. the same in the city and
a bit more (0.2 - 0.3 l/100km) on highway.

Haven't encountered any knocking sound during 9'500 km with Mazda6 driving at
various speeds, straigtly or cornering, tarmac, ice or gravel.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Congratulations Rod! ...and welcome to happy Mazda6 owners' community!

·
Registered
63 Posts

Hi, rodney
did you pay extra for the dark tinted windows?Does it come standard ?
I went around a few dealers in sydney trying to negotiate a better price, but they dont seem to give any discount!
they can only offer me a free spoiler!

·
Registered
837 Posts

Holy,

You done ~200km in one day after you picked up the car. Man you are going to be the man to do the long term report that actually show lots of KMs. :)

Anyway, keep on reporting for the rest of us. We would like to know how she holds up in the long run.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo

Holy,

You done ~200km in one day after you picked up the car.  Man you are going to be the man to do the long term report that actually show lots of KMs.  :)

Anyway, keep on reporting for the rest of us.  We would like to know how she holds up in the long run.[/b]
What's so special about 200km in the first day? It's normal to have long first real drive with a new car. Especially if it so good as Mazda6. I've done in also long time (4 months) ago :p
I believe that majority of Mazda6 owners were so satisfied with their new cars, that
they were simply unable to stop driving it. :D

·
Registered
837 Posts

Hey,

The problem is it is hard to take a long trip when you picked up a new car. I have to take it easy for breakin so I don't really want to go too far. Plus I have to show off the car to everyone nearby. :) :D

·
Registered
837 Posts

Wooooo Hooo!!!!!

Finally hit the 3 digit post mark. I am a 3 stars man.!!!

Now how many more before I get 4 stars?? :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Congratulations Rodney! I'm too consumed by jealousy to say anything else right now.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo

Wooooo Hooo!!!!!

Finally hit the 3 digit post mark.  I am a 3 stars man.!!![/b]
Congrats :) You're almost up there with Steve :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts