Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a favor to ask. I need a very hi-res (300PPI) photograph of a car interior (Preferrably Mazda6). It is for a school project in Image Manipulation class, and I need a 300PPI interior picture that is 10x10" at least when printed out. Which means, 3000x3000 pixels. I even bought a new digital camera (5Pixel Canon A530), but the max photo resolution is like 2300x1900. I tried scanning, but I didn't find any car magazines with pictures big enough to make for a good quality scan. I also had no luck finding a website that has pictures big enough. If anyone knows a website, can you please link me? It does not have to be a Mazda6 interior, but just any interior that is at least modern/nice looking.

So my favor is this: Can anyone with a higher end digital camera take a few interior pictures of me of the front dash at a minimum resolution of 3000x3000pixels? Preferrably at a cool angle like this:

I would need this picture within the next 24 hours at latest so I have enough time to work on it. I would highly appreciate this. I hope this isn't a convenience for anyone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't have that good of a camera but if you know someone with photoshop you can increase the resolution of your 5 MP camera with minimal image degradation. I'm deployed so I don't have my comp with you or i'd help you out. Sorry man.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no luck yet?
ill ask my roomate tonihgt if its not too late
[/b]
Yea, please if you can.

The A530 doesn't accept accessory lenses.

I can't degrade the image or I will get graded down heavily.

·
Registered
18 Posts
3000x3000 is a huge picture. I have the Canon Rebel xt, and my max resolution is 3456x2304. I was able to find some pictures online, but none of an interior at 3000x3000. But here is one shot, link, it's only 3000x2400, so not sure if it will work or not. And here is the website where I found that image. Maybe something else will work. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3000x3000 is a huge picture. I have the Canon Rebel xt, and my max resolution is 3456x2304. I was able to find some pictures online, but none of an interior at 3000x3000. But here is one shot, link, it's only 3000x2400, so not sure if it will work or not. And here is the website where I found that image. Maybe something else will work. Good luck.
[/b]
Thank you, maybe I can work with that. I was thinking maybe of getting my picture printed out at a 200PPI resolution, and then rescanning it at 300PPI.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have big 10mp digi that would work along with a wide angle lens, so you still need the shot? If so, how would you like it? Does it need to be professionally lit like the one you posted above, or would a simple shot taken outside during the day work?

Final output is 3872x2592.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have big 10mp digi that would work along with a wide angle lens, so you still need the shot? If so, how would you like it? Does it need to be professionally lit like the one you posted above, or would a simple shot taken outside during the day work?

[/b]
Well, just a shot that looks well. I'm not expecting something really professional, just something at a decent angle like the one above, where you can make out the interior of the car. It would be great if you can get anything.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

[/b]
Exactly what camera do you have? :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have a Nikon D200 with a bunch of lenses. I borrowed a friend's 14mm wide angle this weekend for another shoot and I have to take it back tomorrow, so I took it out tonight and popped off a few of the interior. Some came out pretty decent. If it's not too late I can send them over tomorrow. PM me your addy and I'll zip them up, each JPG is about 3mb.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a Nikon D200 with a bunch of lenses. I borrowed a friend's 14mm wide angle this weekend for another shoot and I have to take it back tomorrow, so I took it out tonight and popped off a few of the interior. Some came out pretty decent. If it's not too late I can send them over tomorrow. PM me your addy and I'll zip them up, each JPG is about 3mb.
[/b]
Thanks, but unfortunately it is too late.

What I did was, I took a shot of the interior with my camera, printed it out at photoquality resolution, and then rescanned it at 600DPI. That did the trick.

Thanks again, I hope I didn't trouble you too much.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah, any excuse to break out the camera is a good one. :) I might post them in the next few days just for the heck of it.
[/b]
Do it.

Eventhough I got the image I needed, I had to do a lot of re-touching to make the image work. Then again, the entire point of the project was to remake the console to look differently.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I simply used a long exposure in my driveway at night, wedged the camera and tripod through the back door, then turned on the overhead lights. Since it was a long exposure, I could reach into the car and turn the lights on and off without my arm being seen in the shot. Then I just played around with various amounts of timing for each light. I also played around with using an external flash unit fired into the windows from outside of the car to highlight different areas, but it just wasn't quite the look I wanted.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
7 Participants
SC3
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing