Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've read my earlier post of about 2 weeks ago you'll remember that I was having a "stumbling" problem when accelerating in a high gear at low RPMS (like taking off in 4th at like 2K). I thought they fixed it when I took it to the shop, but was taking some sales guys out to lunch today and was bragging on my car when - out of the blue - there it was again. Taking off it missed heavily at like 2500-2700 rpm then cleared up.

Before anyone says I'm hating on the car, I'm NOT! I'm closing in on 1700 miles and have loved it. Sadly once again, I'm having this stumbling problem at low RPMs, like it's missing or not getting the right mixture and would like to know why. Once you clear 3K, it's gone. I'm installing my CAI this weekend at a buddies (been swamped at work and have not had a chance to do so yet) and am hopeful this may clear it up if it's a airflow or mixture problem.

That said, I wanted to know if anyone is having this issue? It's not constant, more like a ghost in the machine that happens just some times. But today driving home I tried a lot of low rpm takeoffs and it was happening more often, least I seemed to notice it more. What's the deal? Anyone else still having this problem, occasional or frequently? If the CAI does not clear it up, I'm taking it to another dealer for a look.

Thoughts? Could it be clogged injectors? This car did sit undriven for 6+ months at the dealership with a shade over 100 miles on it until I bought it....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Adding a cai will def not solve the problem, and actually may give the dealer a reason not to look at the car.
I had a similar problem, and it was the spark plugs/coilpack, gonna find out details tonight. Do you get a semi rough idle?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adding a cai will def not solve the problem, and actually may give the dealer a reason not to look at the car.
I had a similar problem, and it was the spark plugs/coilpack, gonna find out details tonight. Do you get a semi rough idle?
[/b]
Well, it's a mazdaspeed CAI so I don't see how they could being it's green warranty part - though that's not to say it's not beyond the A-Holes to try and blame that. As for the rough idle, not at all, smooth as glass. That's what's so frustrating about this.

BTW, I did read your thread on that, hope it all works out for you! Course also hope I don't end up with the same problem!!!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Had a friend with a similair issue on another car and then timing jumped a few teeth. Definetly take it in. What did they do last time to fix it? Is your DSC on??? If it is and the wheels slip it starts braking.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would you take off in 4th???
[/b]
I'm not taking off in 4th, by taking off I mean I in traffic running like 20-25mph and accelerate in 4th....

Had a friend with a similair issue on another car and then timing jumped a few teeth. Definetly take it in. What did they do last time to fix it? Is your DSC on??? If it is and the wheels slip it starts braking.
[/b]
DSC is on most of the time, unless I sense an impending challenge :)

As far as what did they do, nothing! They ran the codes and said they could find nothing wrong. But when I got it back it ran fine, this is the first time in 2 weeks this has happened, so it's very confusing! I'm still wondering if the car sitting for that long didn't foul something; turbo, plugs, injectors, etc. I'm running Chevron 93 tank in tank out, so I know it's not a fuel quality issue.

When your friend slipped some timing teeth, was it a constant problem? it seems to me that would be a constant, not random like this seems to be. What was his fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
Yes, it was a constant problem when he slipped the teeth. When in the city I am always between 3K-4K and never have a problem. On the highway I unusually am at 2.5K. There is no point to gunning something in 4th at 2K, they gave you the manual so you downshift. If your at 2K in any auto it will do the same thing. It puts a lot of unneeded stress on an engine.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well, it's a mazdaspeed CAI so I don't see how they could being it's green warranty part - though that's not to say it's not beyond the A-Holes to try and blame that. As for the rough idle, not at all, smooth as glass. That's what's so frustrating about this.

BTW, I did read your thread on that, hope it all works out for you! Course also hope I don't end up with the same problem!!!!!

Thanks
[/b]

How long will it take for people to understand that the green warranty does not cover engine damage possibly caused by the Mazdaspeed CAI. The Blue mazdaspeed warranty is the one that the part needs to be rated to have your factory warranty intact.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it was a constant problem when he slipped the teeth. When in the city I am always between 3K-4K and never have a problem. On the highway I unusually am at 2.5K. There is no point to gunning something in 4th at 2K, they gave you the manual so you downshift. If your at 2K in any auto it will do the same thing. It puts a lot of unneeded stress on an engine.
[/b]
I appreciate the input, but it still does not address the issue; when you accelerate - from low rpm - you should not have your motor bog down. And for the record, I usually shift at the range you mention, if not higher. My point is, why, under heavy load at low RPM should this motor bog/stutter under WOT?

thanks

·
Registered
778 Posts
ls1gto/ms6/g35x
How long will it take for people to understand that the green warranty does not cover engine damage possibly caused by the Mazdaspeed CAI. The Blue mazdaspeed warranty is the one that the part needs to be rated to have your factory warranty intact.[/b]
It does not cover engine damage as in hydro locking. If his engine is acting like this it will make no difference if it is installed or not. Thus it wouldn't matter if he brought it in with it installed.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How long will it take for people to understand that the green warranty does not cover engine damage possibly caused by the Mazdaspeed CAI. The Blue mazdaspeed warranty is the one that the part needs to be rated to have your factory warranty intact.
[/b]
GTO, the thing is, I still have NOT installed the CAI, so right now, there is NOTHING that they could say about why I'm having this problem, if they tried to relate it to the CAI

The question remains; does anyone have any idea WHY this is happening?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
short gearing is your "problem" ms6 has very short gears thus stumble
[/b]
apparently you haven't driven a speed6 since you are talking out of your ass...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I appreciate the input, but it still does not address the issue; when you accelerate - from low rpm - you should not have your motor bog down. And for the record, I usually shift at the range you mention, if not higher. My point is, why, under heavy load at low RPM should this motor bog/stutter under WOT?

thanks
[/b]

Your beating the hell out of the motor going WOT at 2k in fourth gear. I wouldn't be suprised if your getting knock with that much load on the motor. Get in any car with 6700k redline and floor it at 2k in fourth and it's going to bog the motor down.

F

·
0 Posts
I do not own a MS6 but I have experineced similar symptoms in my Mazda. In my car it has always been the plug wires. It stumbles through the low rpms and then clears up at higher rpms.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im betting it has something to do with the spark plug / coil pack, but thats just a guess, everything worked out for me, my "ford spark plug" was broken, so they replaced the coilpack and the plug. Smooth as hell now. Hope you get this straightned out, good luck

·
Registered
403 Posts
Your beating the hell out of the motor going WOT at 2k in fourth gear. I wouldn't be suprised if your getting knock with that much load on the motor. Get in any car with 6700k redline and floor it at 2k in fourth and it's going to bog the motor down.
[/b]
Yeah, come on, this is a turbo 4 with no power under 2500. You're treating it like it's a big ole v-6/v-8. It doesn't need to rev much over 2500, but that's definitely the starting point.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My old car would stutter and stumble if I am trying to get it to accelerate in too high of a gear (or rpm too low) too. I don't know if there's anything really wrong with your car if you only get this at ~2k.

·
Registered
413 Posts
apparently you haven't driven a speed6 since you are talking out of your ass...
[/b]

DaBears, show a little respect. . .just because you have a picture of some idiot making faces below your name doesn't make you an authority. Be respectful of other people's opinoins or find a new board to troll on.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
DaBears, show a little respect. . .just because you have a picture of some idiot making faces below your name doesn't make you an authority. Be respectful of other people's opinoins or find a new board to troll on.
[/b]
Says the Pot that called the Kettle black.... :thefing:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts