Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the ms6 isn't a porsche, but it is fairly rare and some what powerful enough to be different then your sea of base model 3's and 6's. I had the steering rack replaced today and found a little gift on my gas gauge. When I had dropped my car off this morning the gas gauge was full but when I picked it back it it was just above 3 quarters. I'm not exactly sure how many miles was racked up but i'm pretty sure it was more then 20 for it to fall that much.
I mean what justifys driving that much for a service order? And yes this is not the first time this has happend and also happend at other dealerships. This definitly was a joy ride and by the gas gauge reading pretty hard driving @ that. Last time this happend was for the creaking noise and the service took good 25miles of driving and not fixing a thing. This car is by far the most reliable car i've had and has been in for service least once a month since i've bought it. Just hate bringing it in for warranty work knowing some tech is flogging my car around town.
I"m pretty sure this has not only happend to me, anyone else have similer experiences?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am always concerned about it. Try this. Walk in with the EXACT mileage on your vehicle -- to the mile. Tell them the service 'in' mileage and ask the service guy how many miles/kilometres they expect to put on it and ask them to register 'road tested' on the service sheet.

If you are having a new engine installed, expect 10 or 15 miles.
If you are having your oil changed -- obviously less than a mile.

It works.

·
Registered
303 Posts
My Dad drives around his Chevy 1500 until the gas light is on and then drops it off for service. He told me he has had enough incidents like the one you are talking about. When I drop my car off tomorrow, I am going to tell her exactly what the mileage is. I know it doesn't take alot to just flash the ECU.

:drive: = :nono:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't they always write down the mileage when filling out the service order?

I think if you ask the service guy how many miles they expect to put on it for the job, it might drop the hint you are watching.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I feel the same. I hate dropping it off and hoping to get it back with any respectable amount of fuel in the tank. Last time it was in, the shift knob got scratched up thanks to some a$$hat with rings on. Pisses me off.

On a diff note, More Cowbell, you said you had your rack replaced, what was happening?

This past weekend my car became practically impossible to turn the wheels when at slow speeds. It's almost as if the power steering cuts out at low rpm and/or speeds. Level is fine, but it's going in tomorrow. For that AND the leak from the tranny/xfercase/oilpan that they can't seem to find. :-(

Jason

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't they always write down the mileage when filling out the service order?

I think if you ask the service guy how many miles they expect to put on it for the job, it might drop the hint you are watching.
[/b]
Yes, most dealerships do take down your milage at checkin. All you have to do is compare that number of your bill against the reading at the time of pick up and before you depart. If it is out too far, get the service manager out there that second and accuse them of theft: because that is what is going on! 10 miles is probably at least $5 and more if they drive it like the stole it.

One dealership did that to me once: that is the last time they touched my car. Filing a BBB complaint also helps.... It is one way to pay them back in negative feedback.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am saying mention it specifically--have the number ready and ask them whether or not they expect to test drive. If so, why and how much...they need to justify why they drive your car.

Of course they need to take the mileage but being a bit proactive and upfront about the issue will help.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I know the ms6 isn't a porsche, but it is fairly rare and some what powerful enough to be different then your sea of base model 3's and 6's. I had the steering rack replaced today and found a little gift on my gas gauge. When I had dropped my car off this morning the gas gauge was full but when I picked it back it it was just above 3 quarters. I'm not exactly sure how many miles was racked up but i'm pretty sure it was more then 20 for it to fall that much.
I mean what justifys driving that much for a service order? And yes this is not the first time this has happend and also happend at other dealerships. This definitly was a joy ride and by the gas gauge reading pretty hard driving @ that. Last time this happend was for the creaking noise and the service took good 25miles of driving and not fixing a thing. This car is by far the most reliable car i've had and has been in for service least once a month since i've bought it. Just hate bringing it in for warranty work knowing some tech is flogging my car around town.
I"m pretty sure this has not only happend to me, anyone else have similer experiences?
[/b]
Hey was that you in the speed6 in front of me at Arlington Mazda this morning? I was in the Blackcherry speed parked behind you.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
^^^ LOL Coincidence??

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey was that you in the speed6 in front of me at Arlington Mazda this morning? I was in the Blackcherry speed parked behind you.
[/b]
The steering rack was making clicking and whining noises while turning.

Yes that was my car @ arlington mazda. BTW they gave me no paperwork after working on my car so I dont know if they even tracked the miles.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The steering rack was making clicking and whining noises while turning.

BTW they gave me no paperwork after working on my car so I dont know if they even tracked the miles.
[/b]
Wow! S-H-A-D-E-Y... You need to go handle yo bidness. Paperwork should be essential before you ever set foot back into your auto. Especially on a major job like that. I'd go back, give 'em a :whip:, and get that work order/invoice re-printed...

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Wow, the customer service at your dealership sucks! My dealer takes my actual miles down and puts on the service forms and they have me initial the forms authorizing them to do the service. This information should be logged into their computer, which goes to Mazda USA as well. In addition, you should be getting a survey from Mazda USA asking about the service you received from the dealer.

Mazda takes these issues very seriously, you should contact them and tell them about the issues you are having. BTW, the surveys that are sent can be mailed in or done on line. I would not take this lying down.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I am sure there is no doubt that you were treated poorly; however my experience there has always been FIRST RATE. Dena has been super, and the techs and managers do not seem to mind my mods (no laughing matter since I spliced into my ECU and added a EBC). They replaced my rear diff bracket no questions asked, and even appreciatted the reasearch I have done concerning the problems I have had.
Better luck next time, I think there is a lesson for all of us to learn there.
PS, Nice car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
With all these problems I keep reading about I think I am going to get the extended warantee just in case.

·
Registered
829 Posts
My dealership(s) always log the mileage before they take the car in, and of course, I can look at the mileage when I get it back. The only time they drove my car for an extensive amount of time, they informed me and filled up the gas tank even. Now, was it premium? Who knows, but I thought that was pretty nice of them.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
With all these problems I keep reading about I think I am going to get the extended warantee just in case.
[/b]
Chicken!!!!l J/K
This is a great car, don't let the first year problems scare you. I think any car company would see just as many problems with this type of transition from a primarily family oriented car, to a turbo charged, all wheel drive, 274hp sports sedan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts