Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mazda 6S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I actually have a car worth putting some money into, I am trying to figure out everything that I am going to do to her. A few of the things I know I want to do include: new exhaust, new intake, upgrade the suspension (new shocks, springs, and upgraded sway bars), and upgrade the stereo. Of course thats after I make the needed repairs. I want to do an oil change, tranny fluid and filter, full tuneup, fix the oil leak, and figure out why the remote doesn't work. No wanting to go too extreme with the mods, same ride height and all that, not too agressive sound. Any information or advise you can give me would be appreciated. I plan on searching through the forum here in a bit when I have a chance.

·
Super Moderator
17,212 Posts
Careful, once the mod bug bites, it's hard to get rid of :D

You've got a lot of good places listed to start on your mods - take a look around at people's build threads (usually linked in their signatures) to see what they've done to their cars and get some inspiration going.

What kind of stuff do you think you'd like to start with? We can suggest some brands to check out depending on what your budget is (unlimited or modest).

·
Registered
2003 Mazda 6S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Careful, once the mod bug bites, it's hard to get rid of :D

You've got a lot of good places listed to start on your mods - take a look around at people's build threads (usually linked in their signatures) to see what they've done to their cars and get some inspiration going.

What kind of stuff do you think you'd like to start with? We can suggest some brands to check out depending on what your budget is (unlimited or modest).
Well I'm not looking to do anything major, not going to be putting extremely high-end stuff in the car. I was looking at an injen Rd cold air intake, mostly because I like oil filters, and I'm open to Cat-Back exhaust Brands though I've only seen Magnaflow. Don't really know enough about suspension components but I know I'd like to upgrade the sway bar and maybe install a strut brace. I would like to upgrade the shocks and springs but steak with the OEM ride height. And I've got my eye on a brake upgrade. RockAuto has front and rear power stop Evolution z23 pads calipers and rotors that would be hard to pass up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts