Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think? Better than stock? Should I keep them?

I know a drop would help, and I have it planned - I just don't know when or how.

I was just starting to like the stock ones, lol. These look a little like 17's to me, don't quite fill the wells like the stock ones.

They are so different, maybe I need a few days to get used to them.

Fire away!!!

PS 18x7.5 ADR Battle Axe in Gunmetal.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
They look small b/c of the height of your car. Believe me, I had 17"s and they looked like crap w/o the car lowered. Then lowered it, and everyone thought they were 18"s.

Then I got 18"s and already had it lowered, so they looked great right when I put em on.

I think they look good man, sure they'll take some getting used to. 1st thing up next is to drop it. THEN, get rid of the amber sidemarkers. That'll pull it all together, or so I'd think.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
What do you all think? Better than stock? Should I keep them?

I know a drop would help, and I have it planned - I just don't know when or how.

I was just starting to like the stock ones, lol. These look a little like 17's to me, don't quite fill the wells like the stock ones.

They are so different, maybe I need a few days to get used to them.

Fire away!!!

PS 18x7.5 ADR Battle Axe in Gunmetal.

[/b]
Wheels look nice, did you go with 40 series? That's a pretty big gap, bigger than when I swapped wheels and went with 225/45's. Click my profile name to see my wheels and you'll see what I mean. If you drop it, it'll look sweet :)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the stock Potenzas...for now (215/45).
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Maybe I just need to give it some time. This is my first set of aftermarket rims. Kinda sad for a 40 yr old guy. lol

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
brian i'll be honest... i don't like them. 18s looked right on the car with no lip. they need to be 19s to look right w/ a lip.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brian i'll be honest... i don't like them. 18s looked right on the car with no lip. they need to be 19s to look right w/ a lip.
[/b]
Honesty is good. I understand where your comming from.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I used the stock Potenzas...for now (215/45).
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Maybe I just need to give it some time. This is my first set of aftermarket rims. Kinda sad for a 40 yr old guy. lol
[/b]
For your first set of aftermarket wheels, you did a nice job. :thumbup:
Long as YOU like them, thats all that matters.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to go with. lol.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I like them. Especially the smooth transition to the lug nuts. Gun metal is not too dark and not too bright.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like em, how much were they?
[/b]
Paid 450 delivered to the house with tuner lugs (pretty cheap nuts actually..prob won't last more than a couple years).
I contacted an ebay seller directly, Nates wheels. Great service, rims were at my door in THREE DAYS!

Hey can some kind hearted sole chop me the drop? My skills suck. :love:
That will go a long way towards me deciding to keep them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Like the look, BTW the clear sides will set it off, along with the drop, paint the calipers as well and the wheels will really look good!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
[/b]
They don't "need" to be 19"s to look right with a lip. You probably just prefer a deeper lipped rim. Hence the reason I sold mine. My 1st 2 sets of rims had a lip at about the same size as the ones pictured here.

I now have 18"s with a deeper lip, and they look great, and fit the wheel well perfectly. To say they "need" to be 19s is incorrect, as it's an opinion.

But he was looking for honesty so, good job on that.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Those rims are hot. They'd look great on my Black Mica MS6. If I decide to get rims, I'm gonna go with ADR. THey have great styles.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I like very few wheels on the Speed6 but those wheels on that color work perfectly IMO. Nice selection. NOW LOWER IT! :D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i guess when i say 'need' and i'm stating it i hope ppl take it as an opinion.

oh yea... i also strongly dislike fake bolts :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Unless you were planning on lowering it, don't bother - those wheels look great - I've always liked the look /style of the polished lip. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
They look good, but I suggest getting real bolts before you have a problem with these. If you get a drop soon make sure to show some before and after pics; its amazing how a drop will make the exact rims look so much bigger.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do you know how much they weigh or at least weight difference between these and your stock set-up? Are they 2 or three piece wheels or is that just for looks?

·
Registered
475 Posts
They look nice but as we have said in the past... Drop it like it's hot! It'll look a whole lot better. I'm not heckling you I'm gonna have the same problem in about a month and you guys will be telling me the same thing. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the GM on black cherry looks real good. i've been eyeing ADRs on ebay as well. keep us posted as to how they hold up.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts