Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 mazda itouring with tech package. The advanced keyless entry was working fine, and then after i got my windows tinted and pressed alarm/siren red button on keyfob to test it out, the alarm made a noise, it worked, i pressed the button to turn it off, then i go to the car and the exterior door button is not working.

I open with the keyfob and start the car, no problem, then i see a light that says "keyless entry inspection required". I went home and turn off the car. I set up an appoinment with the dealer for monday.

Now i went to the car and the advanced keyless entry is working fine. It is unlocking and locking without any problem. I dont knoe what happened.

Did pressing the alarm button, temporarily disabled the advanced keyless entry or was it the tinting process

·
Registered
193 Posts
I believe the alarm going off temporarily disables the advance keyless option until it's started with fob in the car. Since you already have the appt set up, get it checked out anyway though.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean with "until is started with fob in the car". Turning the car on with key fob in your pocket. When I did, it still had that message, it was only after I turned off the car and locked with the key fob, and tried again later, that it worked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This happened to me today with my 2014 CX5. It ended up being a drained battery, I just had some dirty terminals. I had to disconnect the battery for 15 minute to get the computer to reset. Then I was able to jump it. I then charged the battery and had it tested, the battery was fine. So hope that helps someone. I'm not sure why we can't get a simpler error message stating that the battery voltage is low. Instead of the freak out message like "Keyless system inspection required"

My 2001 Protege was this way too, whenever it had a simple electrical issue, it'd would lose its mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts