Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello-im new to this forum and i joined because i got a..............mazda 6! haha i got a blue one. it's tight. muhahaha this is my first car and im 16!! BUT im getting it next week-lame...ill post pics when i get it. o ya btw-i did some crazy negotiating. i got it 200 dollars over invoice. :p later

·
Registered
736 Posts
Reading Topic: i got a car!

I'm actually a little surprised that you bought a new car for your first car. My first and current car was purchased after I got my license (almost a year ago) and I beat the **** out of it. Don't hate me for it though, I was just being the typical, careless, irresponsible male with a first car. When I get the 2004 Mazda6/Subaru Legacy (Don't know which is better yet); I will have much, much more respect for the car. Just a word of advice, even though its fun to go fast, remember, its still just a machine and machines break. I'd say its not a race car but that's semi-untrue. :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'i got a car!'

I didn't get my first car til I was just shy of my 18th birthday. You can't drive here until you're 18 anyway. It was a good thing I got a used car, considering all the messed up bumpers caused by my parking inabilities, the knocked off mirrors, the scratched sides, etc.

I'm a much better driver now lol... I haven't even touched another car's bumper while parking in well over a year.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Exactly. I've plowed into snow with both bumpers in parking lots, on the side of the road because of people shoveling. I've floored it a wee bit much ( :D ); done two 180's, almost been hit 20 times (2 of which were my fault, the rest is NY driving). I've also bottomed the car out like four times because I underestimated turn offs.

Anyway, much better to do it in this car than the 6/Legacy. :)

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

So far I bottomed out once in the 6 when I had to quickly make a left turn into a parking lot. Very minor paint scrapings. I'm not gonna do it again.

However, my early driving experience doesn't even compare to when I learned to drive a stick shift... I pity the poor drivers behind me that day.

·
Registered
126 Posts

My first car 1993.5 Toyota Supra =X

My second car is allllll the way in the back =)

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

My first car was a 94 Cherokee in 98, I was 16.
Second car was a 98 Stratus in 2000
Third car was my 2003 Mazda6 in... 2003 :-D I'll be 21 in september, got it 2 wks ago.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'i

This was my first car:

Thanks to an incompetent driver who head on'd my car while parked in my school's lot, I came back from class to see this:

Fortunately, the driver and the car that hit me both belonged to the school, so they gave me a very generous amount of money to settle with them, which I put towards the lease of this car:

No I did not have a fart can on that. However, 14 months later an old fuker totally ran a stop sign and caused this to my poor car:

An airbag in your face is NOT a pleasant experience. I broke my nose and my face was red for two days straight.

And I have since been watching where I park my car, and staying clear of old people. New York is a really hostile and horrible place to drive. I really gotta move.

·
Registered
140 Posts

i don't we should let moocat get a mazda6, we don't want to see a smashed 6 to go with his smashed pontiac and smashed honda.

first car 1989 probe gl
next a 1997 probe gt
followed by a 2003 mazda protege5

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

It seems as if moocat attracts bad luck. Watch out.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

moocat, please move out of the northeast. I don't need people with luck like yours within a couple hours of me ;-)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts