Mazda 6 Forums banner

I Got 20's

4K views 42 replies 31 participants last post by  LapisLazuli6 
#1 ·
No, I'm not joking... I really have 20's. They came wrapped in 36" super swampers and a 7" lift. They were attached to the Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Big Horn Edition I bought. I traded in the 6... :tear:

I was very sad to see it go... I felt like I lost a child. It was time though. I live about 1/2 a mile from work now (so the gas guzzling isnt a problem) and I live closer to a lot of off road areas. I have wanted a truck like this forever... I think its fair to say that this is my dream truck. I plan on buying a quad, and trust me, no matter how I try, the 6 cant haul one.

Its a 2006, it has a 5.7 liter Hemi V8, came with a year of satellite radio and has an in dash 6disc changer/mp3 disc player. Yes, the gas milage sucks, but I honestly do not care about that too much as I don't drive far often. I traded the 6 in with everything I had on it. They gave me 13500 for it. Yes, I had negative equity, but I also got 12,000 off the truck so I am starting off on its loan with equity. I'm sure that some will not like my decision, and I appreciate ANY comments or questions.

I have some springs that I never installed that I am looking to sell. I would prefer someone local, but would ship if there are no other options. I'll setup a thread in the buy/sell section for those. Besides that, I want to thank everyone here for their help, suggestions, friendship, and time. I plan on sticking around a little, although my participation will not be as much, obviously. I want to still go to local meets and help out or what not, if you guys will have me :D
Anyway, without further ado, here are some pics:

Its silver and black baby!! Raider Nation! Oh yeah... I gotta Hemi!!!!!!!!! :p

See less See more
#3 ·
well, MASSIVE CHANGE but if you like it, then more power to ya! you could drive over my 6 with that..
[/b]
I'm with ya there.... MASSIVE...

Truck looks like fun... your Dodge dealer installed SuperSwampers? Thats pretty cool...

#5 ·
Love it! :love:

If/when you get tired of the Super Swampers (noise, vibration), consider getting a set of the Toyo Open Country M/T. You will be AMAZED at the difference! They are built using a proprietary new production process which offers uniformity levels unmatched by any other tire in the industry. Typically, very little weight is needed to balance them and they are very smooth and quiet (for a mud tire). You'll want to plan your purchase in advance, though because the typical wait is 3-6 months! (Production is sold out in advance) We don't have a 36", though. We have 35x12.50R20 and 37x13.50R20.

#7 ·
those would look HOT on a 6...i know i've seen them on one before...

#11 ·
thanks everyone... Its definately bittersweet.

Toyoguy- Thanks for the tip, I could live with 37's and hopefully by the time I need new tires they will be in stock.

The truck was listed on the lot at approx the cost of 2 6's... I talked them down to the cost of a speed6.

#13 ·
I traded the 6 in with everything I had on it. They gave me 13500 for it. Yes, I had negative equity, but I also got 12,000 off the truck so I am starting off on its loan with equity. [/b]
Trust me, no matter how you spin it, you don't have equity just because they knocked some money off the sticker. Equity means you can liquidate the asset (sell it) and have money left over after paying off the loan.

By the way, nice truck. Enjoy the Hemi!!! :drive:

#14 ·
No, I'm not joking... I really have 20's. They came wrapped in 36" super swampers and a 7" lift. They were attached to the Dodge Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Big Horn Edition I bought. I traded in the 6... :tear:

I was very sad to see it go... I felt like I lost a child. It was time though. I live about 1/2 a mile from work now (so the gas guzzling isnt a problem) and I live closer to a lot of off road areas. I have wanted a truck like this forever... I think its fair to say that this is my dream truck. I plan on buying a quad, and trust me, no matter how I try, the 6 cant haul one.

Its a 2006, it has a 5.7 liter Hemi V8, came with a year of satellite radio and has an in dash 6disc changer/mp3 disc player. Yes, the gas milage sucks, but I honestly do not care about that too much as I don't drive far often. I traded the 6 in with everything I had on it. They gave me 13500 for it. Yes, I had negative equity, but I also got 12,000 off the truck so I am starting off on its loan with equity. I'm sure that some will not like my decision, and I appreciate ANY comments or questions.

I have some springs that I never installed that I am looking to sell. I would prefer someone local, but would ship if there are no other options. I'll setup a thread in the buy/sell section for those. Besides that, I want to thank everyone here for their help, suggestions, friendship, and time. I plan on sticking around a little, although my participation will not be as much, obviously. I want to still go to local meets and help out or what not, if you guys will have me :D
Anyway, without further ado, here are some pics:

[/b]
Niiiiiice. I like that ALOT. You had me scared at first. today's been a day of horror for me regarding the 6. I thaught you dropped 20's on the 6 lol. Earlier i ran in to a guy on mazda6tech that airbagged his 6.

But yeah. if I ever ge ta truck. I want something exactly like that to have fun in.

#17 ·
You suck!

All that work for show-n-shine....yeah....you suck.

And I want my damn exhaust back.....and Damir wants your head unit (with the Metra kit)....Mike wants the front bumper kit.....and.....you just suck.

The springs....you should just give them to one of us....since you suck and don't show up......

OK...I'm over it now (a moment of jealous rage...). Congrats....hope you like the new LARGER ride. We'll even let you hang out with us at the next "M A Z D A 6" meet!

#18 ·
You suck!

All that work for show-n-shine....yeah....you suck.

And I want my damn exhaust back.....and Damir wants your head unit (with the Metra kit)....Mike wants the front bumper kit.....and.....you just suck.

The springs....you should just give them to one of us....since you suck and don't show up......

OK...I'm over it now (a moment of jealous rage...). Congrats....hope you like the new LARGER ride. We'll even let you hang out with us at the next "M A Z D A 6" meet! [/b]
Oh shit. I do want the Metrakit. I can use it to mold in that 7" LCD down the road.

Of course, I want it for free, especially since you trashed it by painting it.

Or I'll give you $50-75. It's obvious you don't need money.

#19 ·
If you hit the front of many wedge-shaped cars, including a 6, it'd be like hitting a ramp! :nana:

Feels like you are moving slowly when you are that high up, huh?

A

#20 ·

So you never put on your shocks or anything? You just spent all that money on the 6 to trade it in for.... that?

Go away Christopher. I don't know you anymore.
[/b]
lol... It wasnt premeditated, it just happened. Please, forgive me!

:love: :drool: that's hot.
[/b]
:D Thanks!

Wanna go for a ride? :p

All I have are the stock bumpers, stock exhaust, and the springs... The rest all went with the car.

#21 ·
Oh shit. I do want the Metrakit. I can use it to mold in that 7" LCD down the road.

Of course, I want it for free, especially since you trashed it by painting it.

Or I'll give you $50-75. It's obvious you don't need money. [/b]
lol... It wasnt premeditated, it just happened. Please, forgive me! [/b]
Yea, okay.

Gimme that metra dash kit for free, and all shall be forgiven.

#22 ·
My neighbor always leaves with his truck sparkly clean and comes back with it completely plastered back to back in mud. The only clean part is the stuff under the windshield wipers. I have no idea whaere he goes but it sure as hell looks fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.