Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wooohooo, contrary to mazda6club members beliefs i was able to fit 19x 8.5" rims on my '04 mazda 6.... the rims are DUB Dirty Dog 5 sittin on 225/35/19 tires.... i have a sportline vehicle drop...its lowered 2"F and 1.8" rear ..i did have to roll the rear fenders though...did it myself with a broom stick and it actually worked. As soon as i figure out how to post pics on here ill post them so if anybody wants to show me please help me out cuz i would love to show off my baby, thanks alot!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
i did have to roll the rear fenders though...did it myself with a broom stick and it actually worked. [/b]
Wow…. Just think about all those idiots out there spending big bucks for a sophisticated fender rolling machine. Way to show them!!!

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
the rims are DUB Dirty Dog 5 sittin on 225/35/19 tires.... [/b]
The problem with that size tire, though is the load rating isn't high enough, even in reinforced versions.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The problem with that size tire, though is the load rating isn't high enough, even in reinforced versions.
[/b]
Tire God, you might as well elaborate for those, who will surely ask WTF is "load rating" and what it means to me and my 6.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
for the pictures, upload them to imageshack, it will give you an address to paste in.

are you sure you didn't pull the fenders out to fit them? that wheel at the highest offset still puts it almost 2" further out than the stock wheel?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
believe it or not it didnt pull the fender out at all..the rim is a +41 offset and it fit in there like a glove..i know it sounds crazy coming from a guy that cant even post pictures on here but its true...in the front it didnt rub at all and the back got take care of with a thick broom stick and about 5 minutes of my time...i will post pics as soon as i get the car cleaned up cuz its kinda duuuurty right now... fr now ill just drop a picture of the car with the drop and factory 17''s
[attachmentid=16865][attachmentid=16867]

here is the picture of the wheel i have mounted right now to keep yall entertained while i go get my car cleaned and show you guys the pictures
[attachmentid=16868]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Wow…. Just think about all those idiots out there spending big bucks for a sophisticated fender rolling machine. Way to show them!!!
[/b]
I did mine with a $9 wooden baseball bat. It's no big deal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah who cares about load ratings??? im sure drivin @ excess speeds without your seatbelt on is unsafe and pretty dumb too but you dont see me stopping any time soon....ill be posting the pictures of the rims in a couple of hours people......

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
yeah who cares about load ratings??? im sure drivin @ excess speeds without your seatbelt on is unsafe and pretty dumb too but you dont see me stopping any time soon....
[/b]
And I'm supposed to applaud you now? Welcome to my ignore list. Have a nice life.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
And they say people never learn anything from Driver's Ed. :sarc:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
yeah who cares about load ratings??? im sure drivin @ excess speeds without your seatbelt on is unsafe and pretty dumb too but you dont see me stopping any time soon....ill be posting the pictures of the rims in a couple of hours people......
[/b]
:slap:

load rating is one of the most important thing to consider when purchasing tires, me thinks you should read this sticky:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=33026

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
enough talk, let's see pix of mounted wheels.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i wont stop driving the way i do even if you do decide to ignore me (oooooooohhhhhhh) ...but i did wash the car and take pictures (DURING MY LUNCH BREAK!!) so im still hungry but i took the pictures for y'all, im gonna go dig up my cable and upload the pictures for y'all.....k? In the meantime grab y'alls ears rub them gently ...count to ten and say "WOOOOHHHHHHSAHHHHHHH" See y'all in a bit

1 - 20 of 45 Posts