Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of waiting for the 2.3L. Although there are rumours that it will come to Homg Kong in 2003, nothing is confirmed yet. I finally decided to settle with the 2.0 because I could get a good deal and a low interest mortgage with 2002 year end models. The car is very smooth and I found it good enough for the narrow and crowded road in Hong Kong. So, I won't regret enough if the 2.3L comes (Of course, it's always good to have the extra horsepower when you need it). My wife is happy too because I spent less in buying the car and in fuel.

It's a pacific blue sedan with a sport package selling at the price of the basic model. It has everything a top model has except the 215/45 tires and 18" rim, and the turning signal lights on the side mirrors, but the price is HK $40,000 (~US $5000) cheaper. I will take some photos and post them later.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'I finally settled with the 2.0'

Sorry about the typing error, it should be I won't regret "even" if the 2.3L comes instead of I won't regret "enough" if the 2.3L comes :)

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by Dolphine

I got tired of waiting for the 2.3L. Although there are rumours that it will come to Homg Kong in 2003, nothing is confirmed yet. I finally decided to settle with the 2.0 because I could get a good deal and a low interest mortgage with 2002 year end models. The car is very smooth and I found it good enough for the narrow and crowded road in Hong Kong. So, I won't regret enough if the 2.3L comes (Of course, it's always good to have the extra horsepower when you need it). My wife is happy too because I spent less in buying the car and in fuel.

It's a pacific blue sedan with a sport package selling at the price of the basic model. It has everything a top model has except the 215/45 tires and 18" rim, and the turning signal lights on the side mirrors, but the price is HK $40,000 (~US $5000) cheaper. I will take some photos and post them later.[/b]
Can i buy the signal light on the side mirror and the cruise control from your dealer?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading Topic: I finally settled with the 2.0

You mean you don't have those options at where you are? Or they cost much more?

·
Registered
657 Posts

Well, there's no side signals (above the wheel well) or on the mirrors in North America, but we do get cruis control. I was quite pissed we didn't get the side signals, it gives it a Euro feel.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by Dolphine

You mean you don't have those options at where you are? Or they cost much more?[/b]
We do not have them as an option. damm! Mazda, singapore is not even selling the cruise control.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Most important thing to have in HK is a POWERFUL air conditioner. Boy does it get hot in the summer. Is that beige leather in your car?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yes, the color of the leather is beige. I don't really like that color, but that's the only option. It's a good color for a typical family car, but I would prefer grey or black for a sport sedan.

The air conditioner is nice, but I have to wait till summer to know whether it is powerful enough. You are right. Hong Kong gets really hot and humid in summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts