Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pursuit of finding nice hyper black rims with a machined or chome lip at size 16X7 with a +50mm offset was a failure.

I could Plus size, but I wanted the benefit of a lightweight setup, and a dreamed look for the car. I have placed orders on 4 different wheel sites and had to cancel all of them. I have 4 215/55-16 toyo's just sitting on my back porch going to waste,; these Mutha fuckers need to be put on asap I'm ired of looking at them sit there.

So My last resort is to go with tirerack's Kazera selection, as they are affordable,lightweight and have the high offsets we need....they don't offer a black color though which sucks.

How much does it cost to paint, or powercoat rims to a color that is desired?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
powdercoating can be expensive, but it's good stuff. i got a quote for my calipers to be powdercoated for a little less than $100...so the price that CLTatenza stated is a good deal. but powdercoating can last a lifetime, especially if it is done right.

·
Registered
484 Posts
powdercoated for a little less than $100
[/b]
How'd you find a good place to get your calipers powdercoated? I've wanted to do a custom color on my calipers, but that would require sending them to a shop instead of painting them in my garage.

Also, I'd have to figure out how to get around for the few weeks they were out! Hard to get around without brakes...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
NoBull6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing