·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bye bye warranty

·
Registered
710 Posts
It was a bittersweet moment for me too. It saved my wallet a few hundred bucks on my end, but at least it forced me to start turning my own wrenches on this car instead of the dealership idiots.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Good luck! I still have some powertrain, but I don't expect to get any help from Mazda with all my mods. I stopped taking the car to the "idiots" a few months ago and started doing my own work. Already got 2 calls from the service department and 1 letter from the manager begging me to come back... hahahaha.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I've still got 5k miles and 6 months to go. I'll reach 6 months before 50k. I hardly drive it.
But, I do have an extended warranty. Who knows if it's still worth anything.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also much prefer doing my own work but under warranty I got these items replaced

1)thermostat
2)cd player
3)timing chain guide
4)Turbo
5)Motor
6)CV boot
6)transfer case seals and half shaft

I like my car but can't say it's been low maintenance. No doubt mazda lost money on mine with all the warranty work.

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
I'm fairly certain they lost money on the MS6 platform.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed. At least the 2006's, don't know if the 07's were any better.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Agreed. At least the 2006's, don't know if the 07's were any better.
I think the '07s were only slightly better. I own one and had the turbo and rear diff replaced under warranty...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've still got 5k miles and 6 months to go. I'll reach 6 months before 50k. I hardly drive it.
But, I do have an extended warranty. Who knows if it's still worth anything.
I got that when i bought the car as well. Not sure if my warranty is even still intact or how that crap works.

Almost thinking about selling it since i've never had problems with my car, but i know when i do my car is going to poop on me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just recently went over 50k, a sad moment because I have milked the living crap out of my factory warranty.

All is not lost, I purchased a 3/36 extended that pretty much covers everything that may go wrong. It added an extra 3 payments on to the end of my loan (not too bad, from my credit union where I finance the car through)...but yeah, nothing like the factory warranty. :(

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BCM06,

You're pretty modded, have you had any warrranty claim issues because of it?

I was fortunate enough to have a mod friendly dealer but in the end with the car being modded and realizing they could void my warranty at anytime, I decided against getting the extended.

·
Registered
99 Posts
BCM06,

You're pretty modded, have you had any warrranty claim issues because of it?

I was fortunate enough to have a mod friendly dealer but in the end with the car being modded and realizing they could void my warranty at anytime, I decided against getting the extended.
Never, believe it or not. Then again, there has been nothing modded on the car that could have ever caused any of the warranty issues I have had. I was actually shocked that they replaced my turbo seeing that I have the Magnaflow exhaust and SU test pipe. I guess it helps to be buddies with the resident Mazdaspeed tech as well. LOL.

I hope and pray to god that this extended warranty company doesn't give me shit about any of my mods if and when a problem arises in the future. If they do I will tell them to suck it and have the warranty cancelled, pro rated and money back in my pocket to do the repairs myself. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts