Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background first...
So I have a bad bushing/control arm of my 05 wagon. The mechanic I took it to for inspection said as bad as the bushing is it might be better to just change out the control arms all together, on both sides.

I have never needed to do any kind of suspension work before and being in an apartment I would be paying someone to do this for me. I eventually want to get some decent lowering springs, shocks and new Wheels as well. I live in AZ and our roads aren't exactly kind to slammed cars so in no way will I be going for more than a 2 inch drop from stock height.

My question is, regarding the control arms: should I wait until I'm ready to do the springs/shocks and tires? And how do I go about actually comparing the control arms, is stock good enough? Or do I need to find adjustable ones to fit better camber once I have the car lowered?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, most of my time working on cars has been in the engine bay and electrical. Never touched suspension before..

·
Registered
652 Posts
My question is, regarding the control arms: should I wait until I'm ready to do the springs/shocks and tires? And how do I go about actually comparing the control arms, is stock good enough? Or do I need to find adjustable ones to fit better camber once I have the car lowered?
I would go ahead and take care of the lowers. To my knowledge there are no adjustable lower control arms so replacements are fine. There are adjustable upper control arms/ball joints out there but I'd do all of the suspension that needs to be changed before lowering it and getting new tires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts