Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here for a few weeks now. Figured I at least should do an into thread before I start posting.

My name, as you have guessed, is Steve. I live in Birmingham, Alabama.
I just purchased a 2007 6(i, Im assuming) 5 door. Volcanic red, 5 speed...loaded minus the sunrood :mad:.

I picked it up last week after hunting for months for a red 5spd. (Which are really really hard to find down here).

Im new to the 6 but not to Mazda. I currently own a '04 Tribute LX and a 88 RX7 TII thats basically a roller. I just sold my 88 GXL which was my baby, and back in May I totaled my '02 Protege5 which was my absolute favorite and most meticulously maintained car I have ever owned. I hit a pair of horses (yes, horses...) and was lucky to survive.

Otherwise, I have owned a few other FB & FC RX7s including an 84 GSL-SE. Ive also owned a 93 Protege which was my first real project car. I wrecked it several years ago after just totally finishing a complete BP-t swap.

Im a very brand loyal guy.

So far I dont really have alot of plans for the 6. Ordered an AEM short ram and am probably gonna pick up the RB muffler setup. Maybe lower it a touch and then leave it alone.

Im not a straight line guy by no means. I love cars that handle and so far every car I have ever built or modified has been for the purpose.

Currently I just finished installing LEDs all around in the interior as half the bulbs were blown anyway. Got some new rubber (Nitto Neo-Gens) and thats it.

Ill post pics as soon as I take some quality ones. In the meantime, heres some of my current, and prior Mazdas.

The whole fam..

The P5... (pre-wreck)

The P5... (post wreck) (crappy phone pics...)

If anyone would like to see pics of the horses I shredded...Id be happy to show them as well..

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,547 Posts
:welcome9: to the 6Club! :wavey:

Horses? Really, horses? Damn!

No, I believe you, enough for me to NOT see the pictures of them. :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
wow horses... were u just not looking or did they run out onto the road or what?? I can tell by the guts everywhere that you demolished them.

Anyways welcome to the forums, nice lookin GXL btw

·
Registered
698 Posts
You may bleed Mazda, but your Mazda now bleeds Horse.

In reply, I think we should see the the horse pictures!

Your P5 looks like it has a nice muffler on it, nice tip at very least.
By the way, you should consider using your P5's antenna on your 6.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a Mazdaspeed axleback and it was racing beat from it to the headers. I wish I had known I was gonna be getting one, the wreck was the last time I laid eyes on her. Nothing inside was salvageable so I never had a reason to go see it again. Though I wanted to, and regret it now.

Now, on with the gore...

Ribs, anyone?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Got Dayum Charlie Murphy!!! (Rick James Voice)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
holy crap!

i assume the owners of the horses paid for your pro5?

No...heres why...

1) No one would claim ownership of the animals.
2) Alabama has a law (obviously a dated one) that states that owners of livestock are not liable for damage if the animals step upon any highway or county road and are struck by a vehicle.

Hell, the prosecutor for the city I work for even tried to tell me I would be liable for the animals. However, after consulting my own attorney and him consulting his colleagues that was found to be false.

I felt really bad for the animals though. Ive never hunted or anything, and only hit a bird before this, so it ate on my nerves for a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts