Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am totally lost about the wheel and fender roll topic and such, I have read many peoples post, but just dont get it. Ok let me start out by saying this... I want to upgrade on wheels... everybody does... why? because they are better looking. I want to upgrade to the NEX-O GB-5 wheels found on wheelmax.com on the 2nd page. Now on that website they ask for your car and they will give you a list of wheels and tire package that will go with your wheel. So far people hopefully get me to this point. Now I am guessing that when people say they have a +50, that is stock... correct? and the lower the number the what??? Does that mean the fatter the tire, or the larger the tire? or wheel. Anyways, now with rubbing... How does a wheels rub, even if I get a bigger wheel and tires if I dont have springs on? My car looks like it has a lot of room for a little bit of a larger tire. Obviously I dont know nothing about cars.. About what the offset or the hub.. so thats where I am lost.. But how will a wheel that is a 18 7.5 5x114.3 45 bk and a tire that is 225 40 18 not fit my car? I just dont understand...

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
it probably doesn't fit because of the offset.

the main thing you have to look at is the offset. i can't remember what the stock offset is, but the ideal number is +48 and above, although 42 will also work you just won't be able to lower your car.

there's a good guide to plus sizing floating somewhere here on the forum, but i can't seem to remember exactly where it is. i do know it's in the wheel/tire section.

·
Registered
823 Posts

Taken from Wheels and Tires FAQ in the Wheels and Tires Section

Good idea to understand what the offset stands for, and why the closer it is to the center of the rim, the further out the outside edge of the wheel goes, so the more chance for it to rub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
DSimmon
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing