Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Well yesterday my tranny got stuck in 3rd gear and it won`t go in any others. I had it towed to my house. We put some tranny oil in it (the axle seal was broken) so i forced it to go in other gears. After a while in got into 1st, 2nd, but when it got into 3rd... the synchro flew loose. Now it is in the tranny somewhere moving around and grinding other stuff. Well, I`m going to take the tranny out, and rebuild it. Pictures and step by step instructions will be posted (it`s gonna be my first time posting a How-To so excuse the mistakes if there are gonna be any)

I have a Stage 2 exedy Clutch in there. So i pulled the tranny down before. Oh and it is cold in georgia.

Well guys, wish me luck. If you have any usefull hints, please post them. Thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Good luck man! It's gonna be a tough project.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a tranny at a shop that is gonna give me life time warranty. So I`m gonna get that. Took everything apart. (my digital camera is efed up so can`t post pics) I`ll try to borrow one. Greenleaf is charging me $952 for a 50.000 miles manual tranny with lifetime warranty on parts and labor. I have to put it in now but next time it breaks they will give me a new tranny and pay for the intall... so i think it`s worth it.

I`d love to rebuild my old one but i have to have my car on the road. I have to go back to work. :irate:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok... i got the tranny out, and at the same time i was trying to get the flywheel out so i can take it to a machine shop to have it turned. Well it`s friday 5pm. Does anyone know where i can have it turned tomorrow? I need it done :drool: clutch was chattering before. I changed the clutch on a saturday night at 1am. No one was open to do it then. But i got the new tranny... looks good. well... please if you know any places that are gonna be open tomorrow that will turn my flywheel please let me know...

i miss driving my mazda... :drive:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ran into the same no one open to turn my flywheel today as you...

One place had a machine that worked, but no one knew how to use it... LOL

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good ideea. I was about to take it to a junk yard. :) that should keep me busy.

Finally finished. The car runs great. But it's a pain in the ass to change the transmission. I had to take the subframe out and all the suspension (exept springs).

I will post like 5 pics from my phone when i get them off.

I discovered a "nice" thing to know when i was working on it. When i bought the car from Rick Chase Mazda in Georgia, Atlanta... they pulled a car fax report on it and it was clear. No accidents. When i took the bumper off, the foam in front of it was holding on to the car with masking tape. Not duct tape, no screws. WTF? The bumper has been replaced and repainted, you can see the paint lines. I called carfax to file a complain, they said that the only way they would buy my car is if I find a police report that shows that the car has been in one accident. I think that bullshit.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
I discovered a "nice" thing to know when i was working on it. When i bought the car from Rick Chase Mazda in Georgia, Atlanta... they pulled a car fax report on it and it was clear. No accidents. When i took the bumper off, the foam in front of it was holding on to the car with masking tape. Not duct tape, no screws. WTF? The bumper has been replaced and repainted, you can see the paint lines. I called carfax to file a complain, they said that the only way they would buy my car is if I find a police report that shows that the car has been in one accident. I think that bullshit.[/b]

This happens alot more than you think.It is a good possibility that it doesn't have a police report and in a one car accident......AKA drunk driving and hit and run.The previous owner either was in the auto industry or had a friend in the industry and got some help without an insurance claim or a police report.This would be my guess as to what happened to your car.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That's exactly why I find Carfax to be completely worthless. You could hit a tree, have it towed and get it fixed and nobody would be the wiser. Like someone is really gonna file a police report on something like that. I'd never rely on them to tell me anything about a car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
BlackCherry06
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing