Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

Just curious if anyone is also having/hearing a mild clicking noise (sounds like something coming from fan or something) whenever the HVAC system is on?

It's definitely the HVAC as it goes away when the system is turned off...

Share your thoughts!

Thanks,

·
Registered
176 Posts
If it's anything like mine it will get worse and worse until the blower barely works. It's little things like this that caused me to give up on the 6 before 50k miles.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My fan is fine but my car only has 23K miles on the odo tho it’s 3 years old.

Does the clicking increase in speed when the fan is turned higher? Maybe debris in the fan? When was the last time the cabin filter was changed. Check to see if it’s torn and has a ton of grime and particles on it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My fan is fine but my car only has 23K miles on the odo tho it’s 3 years old.

Does the clicking increase in speed when the fan is turned higher? Maybe debris in the fan? When was the last time the cabin filter was changed.
THIS -- check the filter.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
+1 for checking the cabin air filter. I've found all kinds of stuff in the ones I've replaced over the years. Sometimes they get installed sideways by some "grease monkey" type tech who doesn't know or really care how it gets installed. When if stuff gets past the filter, it can act like a playing card in the spokes of your bike. Give it a look see. It's pretty quick to check.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have about 62k miles (converted from 100,000km) on my 6. I feel like the noise is consistent but the sound of blowing air exceeds the noise coming from the system.

Been only 5 months since i replaced the cabin air filter...

·
Registered
382 Posts
If it almost had a groan quality about it, or you notice the air flow fluctuates, the blower motor is starting to go bad.

Mine (2014 touring 6) started being weird around 25-30k miles. Got them to replace the blower just after 30k miles, despite being out of warranty. I was on record complaining about it before my warranty was out, but it would behave when I got there.

I have 60k miles on it now and it's starting to do it again and if it's really hot, sometimes the blower wont come on at all.

Never changed the relay, but if the blower is shot again, I'm not using a Mazda part to replace it.

My old 2004 Mazda 6, for example, never had the blower motor replaced until I hit around 150k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
wardorican
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing