Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around and from what i can tell, most of the hvac problems have to do with the AC not blowing cold air, etc. My particular 2004 6 sportwagon has a slightly different problem. My blower doesn't work at all unless I am traveling at hwy speeds and then it still doesn't blow strongly enough to cool the cabin.

Around town or at a stop there is not airflow whatsoever. I've played with all the settings in the hvac system. Auto on, auto off, all the way up all the way down, etc - tried every combination I can think of. Still no resolution.

Occasionally - very occasionally - I will hit a pothole big enough to jar something in the system and suddenly it starts blowing like crazy - but will almost always die off eventually.

Has anyone had this particular problem? I love my 6, but this summer is going to be miserable for my little girls unless I can get this fixed. Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Is the blower blowing at all? You can look underneath the passenger side footwell - there are 3 screws you take off to remove the blower assembly.

If the blower doesn't turn on ... could be a problem with the blower, the wires that connect to the blower, or the switch on the panel. If you turn the switch knob, do you see the LEDs light up that show the blower strength bars?

The other thing is to look if anything is stuck on the cabin air filter (in the glove box compartment).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The blower does not seem to be working at all, from what I can tell, because I have no flow unless I am driving at hwy speed where I assume the air is simply being forced through the system.

when I turn the dial the LEDs light up showing blower strength. Thanks for the information on where to locate the blower assembly, taking that apart will be my next step. Is there a sticky somewhere on replacing the cabin air filter? I bought the car recently wth 54k miles and have no idea if that has ever been done. Probably wouldn't hurt.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
859 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts