Mazda 6 Forums banner

Hunting under light acceleration

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Redix 
#1 ·
Hi.
I've been having intermittent issues with my car for the last few months now.
When I accelerate normally the car feels like it surges ( almost as if I'm running out of fuel, or moving my foot up and down on the pedal.
At first we thought it might be shitty fuel so we only used Shell, but it's happening more often now and doesn't matter how much fuel is in the tank.

Has anybody had similar issues or know what the problem is??

#2 ·
Hi,

Not sure if you have managed to fix this or not. I had a similar problem with mine a couple of year ago, but mine also did this when maintaining a constant speed. Turned out that the the garage had broken one of the small vacuum lines that go into the top of the air box. May be worth checking them on yours.

#3 ·
I had the same behaviour last time I drove mine. At a certain constant load, like 120 km/h or so, the engine would not make up its mind on how much power it can deliver. It would function normally under full load or no load, but the part load was the trouble.

I don't know if our symptom is caused by the same fault or not. The verdict on mine is a faulty EGR valve. I am yet to fix it, but I was told by a few mechanics that the rubber seal in the valve has given up. That also explains my other symptom, which is a lot of exhaust gas leakage from the EGR valve directly under the bonnet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.