Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever notice a slight idle humming noise when engine is all warmed up and has been driven for about 20 minutes? its not a ticking, more like a low humming sound, can really hear it good with stereo off and ideling at a stop light. just wondering if its just me with this lil noise??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah, but it's on whenever the car is on and idling. I think it's just the hum of the fuel pump. It's never caused me any problems.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
anyone ever notice a slight idle humming noise when engine is all warmed up and has been driven for about 20 minutes? its not a ticking, more like a low humming sound, can really hear it good with stereo off and ideling at a stop light. just wondering if its just me with this lil noise??
[/b]
I have noticed the same thing with my 2.3l as well. i don't notice the sound at all when the windows are up but i can hear it really good in the drive through with my window down. like a high pitched humming rattle sound. i don't know it's kind of hard to explain. it's defiently coming from teh driver side of the car though (under the hood) and it's only at Idle, If i step on the gas a little the sound go's away untill the rpm's drop back to idel...mine might be a different problem though since it's not the v6

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is it when there is a ticking though? I get that most of the time when I start the car.
[/b]
from what i understand, the mazda techs here in my local area say the "ticking" is the fuel injector and it is a "normal" sound. as far as the humming goes, its still a mystery to me???

anyone know exactily where the fuel pump is located?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
laybac
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing