Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day i was driving and went to make a u turn along the street. there was on coming traffic coming, so i punched the gas. my intake sucked in so much air the car bogged down sorta and took forever to accelerate. is this normal if you have an intake? this happens to me sometimes if i gas it too much too fast. thaks for your replies.

·
Registered
449 Posts
An intake wouldn't do that. need more info. What kind is it? Did you unhook your battery? Did you double check all sensor/wires? If a cp-e did you solder the wires or use ghetto connectors that came with it? Any other mods? A hesitation could be the computer or a sensor. Need input.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really dont have any mods except that injen CAI. don't have the cp-e customizer or anything else. i looked at the wiring of everything and everything is correct. on the CAI, all there is, is that ecu/sensor that plugs over the hole on the pipe of the CAI.

·
Registered
431 Posts
ATX or MTX ? My ATX sometimes reacted oddly when punching the gas.. as if it was in the wrong gear at the time and wouldnt shift down etc.. Havent had that problem in my new MTX unless I forget to downshift :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a mtx. i was at a stop, pushed clutch in,shifted into first, gassed it hard, because of traffic(and wanted to peel out) popped clutch, and then......heard that the intake suck in a whloe bunch of air, BOGGed Down. i mean took forever to accelerate. thats what happened!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Only thing I could guess is the RPMs dropped down to far by the time the clutch disengaged. You WOULD hear the intake suck in air as the car tries to go, but if the RPM is low it wouldnt move.

Can you reproduce the problem? If not its probably nothing *wrong* and just a fluke.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Originally posted by davenport82@Oct 9 2005, 01:34 PM
The other day i was driving and went to make a u turn along the street.  there was on coming traffic coming, so i punched the gas.  my intake sucked in so much air the car bogged down sorta and took forever to accelerate.  is this normal if you have an intake? this happens to me sometimes if i gas it too much too fast. thaks for your replies.
[snapback]529200[/snapback]​
That's happened to me twice with the full MAFci since May. Exactly as you say. I thought, "Okay, I'm 80% throttle and it's not going anywhere, plus these people must think I'm an idiot." Then it kicks in as assumed. Only times its happened when I give it lotsa gas, as you mentioned.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Did you plug all the vacuum lines? If I remember correctly theres a few vacuum lines which get removed from the stock air box and need to be plugged. That'd do it.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I highly doubt that this is an intake related thing I've never experieienced it with my Injen unless I let the clutch out too quickly without giving it enough gas. And believe me, I've had plenty of opportunity to test something like this ;) So either you dropped the clutch to early or the TCS came on.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
check the TB sensor problem that some people have had?

·
Registered
510 Posts
did the tires chirp even a lil bit?

For me, (6speed atx), I can chirp the tires a bit before tcs kicks in, and chirp I mean enough to leave a distinguishing mark in the road. If I'm in gravel I can make a good crater before tcs tells me to stop digging holes :sarc:

I think it could be tcs also, but in my car, the tires will spin a small bit before the prs kicks in. (and yes I call it prs, not tcs :goon: )

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Lol, sounds like you threw it into 3rd instead of 1st :), lol Jp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
11 Participants
RoX
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing