Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us choosing to go to vegas, we have come up with kinda cool idea!! I am just posting this to get feed back but what would you guys think about a trip to the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah. From vegas it is a 7hr drive. We can also make this just another big meet. Sal and I are totally in to doing this during the vegas meet!
I would just love some feedback because there are areas where we can get in the cars and go....!
opinions!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Reading Topic: HUGE GREAT IDEA!!!

yeah-I agree its to long- Death Valley Is a good ride- I vote for Death Valley-

·
Registered
72 Posts
Replying to Topic 'HUGE GREAT IDEA!!!'

I'm all for a Death Valley drive...just remember it will be June and is very possible for it to be well above 100...I know we all have AC but thought I'd put that out there. Besides, Bonneville is just a bit too far for me. I think we should just get some speedway time at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and spend our time driving fast in circles...Just remember...right foot to the floor and turn left...Ok...so Death Valley would probably be more fun, I don't know though because I've never been out there. Salt flats are exactly what they sound like...a huge flat area that is made of salt...you go fast and corrode your car all at the same time...It's LOADS of fun...JK, driving out there can be fun but in the summer time the topography and climate tend to build some HUGE thunderstorms that can be pretty nasty. It is fun to drive as fast as you want/can though. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
364 Posts

If we got a track, it would be even hotter then sitting in our hair conditioned cars. I still vote for a drive through Death Valley, stopping for pics along the way.
Just ignore Tim- He is trying to be funny- Lets just all give him a quick little laugh and then ignore him-

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Are we still able to go out in a wide open area and just go. Like drift, go fast, 360 turns. Ya know the fun stuff!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Replying to Topic 'HUGE GREAT IDEA!!!'

Drive through Death Valley sounds fun...probably could get some pretty good pictures too.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

lol ok. are you likin the death valley Idea more or what? I think that would be awesome. Also another local vegas memeber was mentioning his friend is one of the heads of securtiy at treasure island and he also drives a MZ6 so e are goin to find out about closin off a section of the top florr of the paking garage for a picture op

·
Registered
324 Posts

LOL while were at it, how about the grand canyon, bryce canyon or even area 51?

·
Registered
981 Posts

7 hrs is too long. if i drive i'll be driving all day anyway. not driving more after that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts