Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. Added Hella fogs in lower valence. Now there a huge hole. Want to fill it w/black plastic or painted mesh? or ???? Wish I had the $$ to purchase `07 bumper that comes w/fog lights and fog light trim. Thanks for any advice.[attachmentid=15212]

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pix will help.
[/b]
Thinking of cutting hole into original covers. Was looking for any better options-possibly using `07's fog light grills. Don't know if it fits `04's. Hate to use some cheezy wire mesh. Saw some nice ones make for speaker grills, don't know where to get them (German speakers. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thinking of cutting hole into original covers. Was looking for any better options-possibly using `07's fog light grills. Don't know if it fits `04's. Hate to use some cheezy wire mesh. Saw some nice ones make for speaker grills, don't know where to get them (German speakers. Thanks
[/b]

:huh: Wow that looks bad!

*Edit: Dude, you should use the stock cover for it... If you align it right, it could look completly flush... And if your feeling creative, you could always fiberglass the covers after, then paint them... They would look nice and smooth... That is what I have been thing about doing for mine aswell...

·
Registered
814 Posts
if you have patience, like you said, you can cut a hole in the stock inserts that those lights will fit in. the plastic is pretty soft, you can cut it with an exacto knife.

word to the wise though...I don't know if you have a CAI, but when I took my insert out a few weeks ago...the MAF went crazy due to turbulence LOL when driving without it. I don't see an intake hangin' down in that pic, but just be aware.

·
Registered
915 Posts
cut the stock covers, OR go with a loose weave mesh and paint it black/ find black mesh.
if you cut dremmel is the way to go.
if mesh:
Run the mesh over it totaly. you will still get decent light output I would think.

·
Registered
206 Posts
[/b]
they sell fog lights for the 6 on ebay that fit into the stock bumper,and they don't look too shabby :)

·
Registered
814 Posts
I THINK THEY SELL FOG LIGHT BEZELS ON JAPANSTUFF.COM

WAIT, NO ITS JAPANPARTS.COM SORRY
[/b]

those look like the same ones Heronew was selling...the ones I have been waiting for since June. the ones that everyone say fall apart. :huh: :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts