Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed (tried to) my fujita cai today. I know I am a newie but I SERIOUSLY need help. Everything was all good until I got to the green plug that runs down from the fuse box to the old air box. It has a sensor on it ans two small hoses coming from it. The problem with that is that there is nowhere for these hoses to run to. The directions say to undo the green plug but it never says at the end to plug them back up! So now for some reason, I have a CEL, Traction control(?????) and the TCS light is on. As most of you know, the TCS light comes on saying TCS off by pushing the button--it isn't supposed to come on by itself. I took it to Advance auto and had him run the electricals. It came back saying that my MAF had a high out put. Second problem is that in manual mode, my car will not go up past 3000 rpms in first gear and it shifts reallr hard into 2nd. Please someone help. I know this is way too long but I needed to explain.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Do have have an erratic idle and you car is driving horribly?

Did you dissconnect the battery before the install?

The green plug stays unplugged the sensor is no longer needed for the cai. As with any intake(other then cp-e) you roll the dice and take a chance with the CEL.

You possibly could have damaged the maf sensor, it is very fragile to any sort of shock. Unfortunately it is about a 100 dollar mistake. If you revert back to the stock airbox the car still runs shitty, Shop around with the vendors and price one up.

·
Registered
421 Posts
yaaa...sounds like you're are talkign about the solenoid. It remains unplugged with an aftermarket intake which is mostly the reason for the CEL i believe. Just unplug the negative battery cable like a few people said above and that sould relieve the sputtering as your ECU relearns the air flow.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I had the battery cable unhooked for the whole process. I guess the really big question is what happens to the hoses that are attached to the green sensor? And which one of the hoses gets hooked up to the small nipple of the intake?

Do have have an erratic idle and you car is driving horribly?

Did you dissconnect the battery before the install?

The green plug stays unplugged the sensor is no longer needed for the cai. As with any intake(other then cp-e) you roll the dice and take a chance with the CEL.
You possibly could have damaged the maf sensor, it is very fragile to any sort of shock. Unfortunately it is about a 100 dollar mistake. If you revert back to the stock airbox the car still runs shitty, Shop around with the vendors and price one up.
[/b]

YES!!! You called it. It's almost painful to lister to the idle! You know how in manual mode you can let the rpms go up as high as you want? Well now it goes up to about 3000 and sits there like it's maxed out or something.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah it happened to me that why I know. Wrench slipped and hit the intake while the battery was still connected... I saw a spark and that was it.

It may have been a mix from my new exhaust but the smell from the exhaust was awful with the MAF out of wack. The car was basically undriveable.

One new MAF later I was up an running again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did yours idle retarted and go up to 3K rpms and stick there? One more question, why do you have to pull the negative side of the battery in order to reset it? Why not the Positive?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah mine did that when the MAF was bad.

If you take off the postitive you risk a chance of causing a spark and blowing your MAf, thats how I did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I'm a dumb ass! I just figured somethin out. I was so excited to rip the old crap out and start that I disconnected the positive instead of the negative. Hopefully I didn't blow the MAF tho. Ill take off the negative in the morning and try that. If it doesn't work, I'll have to get another MAF. Not cool! Where can I get another? I already checked ebay.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Get a new MAF from the dealership.

As for the green VAD solenoid, remove it from the airbox as per the Mazda6tech link that Jax6s mentioned. Remove the hoses attached to it, the reconnect the plug to it. Afterwards, ziptie it somewhere out of the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Retried disconnecting the negatice cable to the battery this morning. No dice! The TCS off light is still permanently on and so is the losing traction light. I have looked all over this site, the tech site and the rest of the internet to find out what is wrong with this bitch. NOt sure if I should take it to the dealer or just get an MAF. If the problem is not the MAF then I will have just lost 100 bucks!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
PM'd

I installed (tried to) my fujita cai today. I know I am a newie but I SERIOUSLY need help. Everything was all good until I got to the green plug that runs down from the fuse box to the old air box. It has a sensor on it ans two small hoses coming from it. The problem with that is that there is nowhere for these hoses to run to. The directions say to undo the green plug but it never says at the end to plug them back up! So now for some reason, I have a CEL, Traction control(?????) and the TCS light is on. As most of you know, the TCS light comes on saying TCS off by pushing the button--it isn't supposed to come on by itself. I took it to Advance auto and had him run the electricals. It came back saying that my MAF had a high out put. Second problem is that in manual mode, my car will not go up past 3000 rpms in first gear and it shifts reallr hard into 2nd. Please someone help. I know this is way too long but I needed to explain.
[/b]

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I about Freaked out After installing the CP-E Intake........Finished Installing, and test drove it....PERFECT!. :drool: ....Afterwards, I crusied around town for a bit, When I started the car again.....No GO!....My RPM was racing back and forth!......I even turned off my A/C.....working then!.....I stated to myself "Thats Strange" Turned the A/C back on...................DEAD again!......ahahaha I yelled WHATS UP WITH THAT?!.....

But whatever I done.......It worked.......no problems..................Yet!......Had my CP-E for about a month and a half now. I LOVE IT! :love:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Allright beeches!-- Problem fixed. I bought a new MAF sensor for about 80 bucks from autozone yesterday. It came in today and I installed it. All of the CEL, TCS and Losing traction lights went away and she actually fired up like a champ and the throttle didn't skip out one time. I looked at the sensor (the part of the sensor that has the wires on it) and saw that it was dirty as @@@@! You couldn't even see the actual sensor! So anyway, I know that I could have cleaned it but since I already bought a new MAF and you can't return electrical parts, I threw the new one on. By the way, FUjita CAI's will not throw a CEL. Thanks for all of the help guys! :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
By the way, FUjita CAI's will not throw a CEL. Thanks for all of the help guys! :D
[/b]
Im holding my breath :jackoff: lol

·
Registered
814 Posts
LOL I hear ya man, best of luck. I had probs with my CAI at first too...scared me poopless.

I was just making a joke about ALL CAIs. Just when you think they will never throw a CEL they do...and when you are waitin' for one...they run smooth as ever lol.

Congrats on the mod! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man! For a second I was about to quit modding my car all together. This was my first one on this car and YES it scared me poopless too! I'm just glad that I didn't take it to the dealer before fixing it myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts