Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their HUD start up way too high or way too low randomly (reset button doesn't help)? Eventually the HUD resets back to normal height after a drive or two. I never change the settings (set to middle), and even the dealer couldn't figure out the reason, they just accuse me my seat set too high or low.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I had this happen a couple of times in my 3. Never did figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes, this is very annoying. On my 2016 Mazda6 I have to adjust the HUD down at almost every start-up because it displays too high, even though it is set at ‘0’. I have to turn it down into the negative numbers and back to the ‘0’ position to center it, but if I turn it up into the positive numbers and back to ‘0’, it does not go back to center. Weird and annoying.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Have you tried - starting the car, adjusting the HUD where you want it and then program (save/program) your seat position with the memory button. #1 or #2 and or program the fob.
When you unlock the car with the fob or the button on the door handle the hud should return to where it was when you programed the fob or button.

Hopefully that made sense...

·
Registered
318 Posts
That made total sense and I’m gonna try it, though I have had my seat position memorized on button #1 for a while. I never associated the two nor knew that unlocking the car with the fob vs. the door button made a difference, if I’m understanding you correctly. Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you tried - starting the car, adjusting the HUD where you want it and then program (save/program) your seat position with the memory button. [URL=https://forum.mazda6club.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] or #2 and or program the fob.
When you unlock the car with the fob or the button on the door handle the hud should return to where it was when you programed the fob or button.

Hopefully that made sense...
Thank you, I also had no idea the key fob memorized the seat position. Are you sure the Mazda6 does this? When I press Set, then #1 , I hear a single beep. When I press Set, then press the key unlock button, nothing happens and the SET beeps twice from timing out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thank you, I also had no idea the key fob memorized the seat position. Are you sure the Mazda6 does this? When I press Set, then #1 , I hear a single beep. When I press Set, then press the key unlock button, nothing happens and the SET beeps twice from timing out.

Here's how it works :
https://www.mazdausa.com/static/manuals/2018/mazda6/contents/03010205.html?kw=Memory&hw=Memory

It can be a little bit tricky to do as you have only 5 seconds to press the button.

Once setup, change the position of the seat, exit the car, and unlock the car. The seat will change back to your set position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's how it works :
https://www.mazdausa.com/static/manuals/2018/mazda6/contents/03010205.html?kw=Memory&hw=Memory

It can be a little bit tricky to do as you have only 5 seconds to press the button.

Once setup, change the position of the seat, exit the car, and unlock the car. The seat will change back to your set position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm 99.99% sure this key fob feature isn't in my 2016 Mazda6 Grand Touring. It just times out after 5 seconds when I try to press the unlock button on the fob.

·
Registered
201 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
dcoulombe
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing